OD45

Sig 716 DMR .308 AR

I think I am in love. I picked up my Sig 716 DMR today. No, pictures are not available yet.

One word: HEAVY!

Unloaded it weighs 11.2 pounds. I am guessing recoil will be minimal, I can't wait to get it to the range.
The sample target from Sig shows a .88 group size. I will be very happy with that and am sure it will get better
after I find the round that fires best in this rifle.

My first impression is that this rifle is very well built, quality machining and what feels like a really nice trigger right out of the box. It is definitely in need of a few rags and cleaner. They very liberally oiled this rifle for shipment.

It comes with a very nice hard case, carry strap, Harris bipod, magpul miad grip, magpul stock, cleaning kit and a well designed manual. That is one thing manufacturers seem to spend very little time on. I am actually impressed with the details they added to their manual.

Future add ons: Magpul PRS stock, surefire socom muzzle brake (I am seriously considering a 7.62 socom suppressor) scope, mount and lots of ammo.

Now to my question, I have never mounted a scope on an AR. I want a one piece mount/ring combo and will probably add a canted RMR before its done. What height mount should I get and who makes the best?

Pictures to follow soon.

Edited by OD45

where the hell did you find a distributor with 1 available?

I think I am in love. I picked up my Sig 716 DMR today. No, pictures are not available yet.

<snip>

Now to my question, I have never mounted a scope on an AR. I want a one piece mount/ring combo and will probably add a canted RMR before its done. What height mount should I get and who makes the best?

Pictures to follow soon.

here are some really good mounts.

http://www.laruetactical.com/riflescope-mounts?sort=popular

I just happened to go into the gunstore and order one at the right time. He could only find one available from any of his distributors. He is a good friend and did a good search for me. It looks like I will be free to shoot it next weekend. I can't wait.

The Larue mounts are nice, I have been there and checked them out. I'm in the middle of deciding on a scope right now then I will order the mount. I think I am just going to throw an Eotech on it until I find the scope and reticle I want. So many choices. As soon as I think I have found what I want I find something else.

Check out liberty optics for a good price on some optics. I like the bushnell elite tactical and leupold mk6 scope lines.

After about a month of indecision I finally decided on the Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50. It has a 30mm tube, M5 Turrets, Front focal plane and TMR reticle. Now that I picked out a scope it's time to start researching mounts. The only thing I know for sure is I want a 20 moa cant. There are so many good choices, I just hope it doesn't take me as long to pick a mount as it did a scope.

Edited by OD45

In for the pictures!

I wanted a SIG 716 Precision Marksman for a while but it appears that they discontinued them.

I'm sure the DMR is an awesome rifle!

where the hell did you find a distributor with 1 available?

Shark Coast Tactical, Sarasota, FL got mine in 3 days, a week ago.