TaosGlock

SOLD! 1952 Remy 721 30-06

As you can see I am spring cleaning!

No trades but thanks!

Remington 721 30-06 24" barrel. Marked K YY 44 (May 1952) Ser. # 240XXX $419

721's are very accurate and many have been built into custom BR rifles. Has that nice fat bolt knob that many prefer.

Made from 1948-1962.

Robert Ruark brought one on his first Horn of the Hunter safari. Harry Selby, African guide, had one for his clients.

As a kid raised in a hunting environment there was a fair number of model 721's around. The 721 outnumbered the 722 because it came in the 30-06 the caliber the GIs loved in the M1. At that time there was a real surge in the hunting population made up of veterans from WWII and Korea.

I have put about 50 rounds thru it since I bought it. Spent most of its time in the safe.

The original owner was from the Acoma Pueblo. It has faux type Indian inlay and a grip cap of some type of wood. It was missing the rear sight but Petersons ordered one from Numrich. New rear sight has a very slightly different blue than the original and has the white diamond with the standard fine elevation screw. Has the standard drilled/tapped holes on the left side of the receiver for a peep sight. When the sight came in, I had them tune the trigger to the lightest/safest to about 2 1/2-3#. It is a great trigger by todays standards. Has factory gold bead front sight. Recoil pad is marked Pachmayr White Line Los Angeles 15 California USA from an era long gone to CA residents. The stock has been stained/refinished some time in its life with a matte finish, not gloss. There is a bit of stain/finish on the edge of the recoil pad.

The walnut stock is aftermarket of that era and has nice straight grain with contrasting colors. The stock has the brass pins in them. There is a very slight ding in the end of the stock form knocking about in the safe. It has sling swivel studs that were professionally installed.

Blue is worn a bit on the muzzle end from likely gun case/scabbard use.

Barrel has a few barely noticeable extremely minor blems. Floor plate has a slight ding or 2 and looks to be repainted, likely same time as stock was finished. The bolt is smooth and locks up tight. and has a SS number electro-etched on it. IIRC, it was issued in the 30s.

Classic Weaver scope marked Weaver K3 60 El Paso TEX USA PATD and Weaver 1-USA marked rings. Scope shows wear and a few scrapes on the blue. There is small chip on the rear/ocular end. It is not noticeable when shooting. You are focusing on the center of the crosshair right! The scopes thumb adjustable internal click adjustments work fine and are 1/2 MOA clicks. Glass is clear and it has the standard fine crosshair of that era. Made of steel not aluminium!

Rifle is very accurate and best group I shot was 3/4 at 100 yards. 2775 fps. Its pet load: 180 grain Sierra Match King fueled by 58 1/2 grains RL19, Fed 210 Match primer and neck sized brass. See target! Other loads average 1 to 1/1/2 at 100 yds. :---

And yes, the bore is bright, has good rifling and a good crown!

This rifle is made to hunt and the previous Native owner likely used in the Gilas, the Zunis or the Nacimiento Mountains for elk and deer. The fact that is super accurate is a bonus. :~

Be sure your FFL will accept transfer from a non-FFL.

I will include my DL for your FFLs record. USPS MO. Rifle will be shipped in a hard plastic case with foam interior. Then put in a cardboard shipping box. Shipping is actual FEDX insured Ground to your current FFLs address.

v4jl2.jpg

grmd.jpg

9hb7.jpg

fmht.jpg

x0ds.jpg

v3nl.jpg

70kc.jpg

Nice looking gun!

Damn. That's pretty. I wish it was in the budget right now, that rifle would have a new home.

As you can see I am spring cleaning!
No trades but thanks!
Remington 721 30-06 24" barrel. Marked K YY 44 (May 1952) Ser. # 240XXX $419
721's are very accurate and many have been built into custom BR rifles. Has that nice fat bolt knob that many prefer.
Made from 1948-1962.
Robert Ruark brought one on his first “Horn of the Hunter” safari. Harry Selby, African guide, had one for his clients.
As a kid raised in a hunting environment there was a fair number of model 721's around. The 721 outnumbered the 722 because it came in the 30-06 the caliber the GI’s loved in the M1. At that time there was a real surge in the hunting population made up of veterans from WWII and Korea.
I have put about 50 rounds thru it since I bought it. Spent most of it’s time in the safe.
The original owner was from the Acoma Pueblo. It has faux type Indian inlay and a grip cap of some type of wood. It was missing the rear sight but Peterson’s ordered one from Numrich. New rear sight has a very slightly different blue than the original and has the white diamond with the standard fine elevation screw. Has the standard drilled/tapped holes on the left side of the receiver for a peep sight. When the sight came in, I had them tune the trigger to the lightest/safest to about 2 1/2-3#. It is a great trigger by today’s standards. Has factory gold bead front sight. Recoil pad is marked Pachmayr “White Line” Los Angeles 15 California USA from an era long gone to CA residents. The stock has been stained/refinished some time in it’s life with a matte finish, not gloss. There is a bit of stain/finish on the edge of the recoil pad.
The walnut stock is aftermarket of that era and has nice straight grain with contrasting colors. The stock has the brass pins in them. There is a very slight ding in the end of the stock form knocking about in the safe. It has sling swivel studs that were professionally installed.
Blue is worn a bit on the muzzle end from likely gun case/scabbard use.
Barrel has a few barely noticeable extremely minor blems. Floor plate has a slight ding or 2 and looks to be repainted, likely same time as stock was finished. The bolt is smooth and locks up tight. and has a SS number electro-etched on it. IIRC, it was issued in the 30’s.
Classic Weaver scope marked Weaver K3 60 El Paso TEX USA PAT’D and Weaver 1”-USA marked rings. Scope shows wear and a few scrapes on the blue. There is small chip on the rear/ocular end. It is not noticeable when shooting. You are focusing on the center of the crosshair right! The scopes thumb adjustable internal click adjustments work fine and are 1/2 MOA clicks. Glass is clear and it has the standard fine crosshair of that era. Made of steel not aluminium!
Rifle is very accurate and best group I shot was 3/4” at 100 yards. 2775 fps. It’s pet load: 180 grain Sierra Match King fueled by 58 1/2 grains RL19, Fed 210 Match primer and neck sized brass. See target! Other loads average 1 to 1/1/2” at 100 yds. :---
And yes, the bore is bright, has good rifling and a good crown!
This rifle is made to hunt and the previous Native owner likely used in the Gilas, the Zunis or the Nacimiento Mountains for elk and deer. The fact that is super accurate is a bonus. :~
Be sure your FFL will accept transfer from a non-FFL.
I will include my DL for your FFL’s record. USPS MO. Rifle will be shipped in a hard plastic case with foam interior. Then put in a cardboard shipping box. Shipping is actual FEDX insured Ground to your current FFL’s address.
v4jl2.jpg
grmd.jpg
9hb7.jpg
fmht.jpg
x0ds.jpg
v3nl.jpg
70kc.jpg

Sweet!

Unlike many newer synthetic rifles, this rifle has a lot of heart and soul!

Man, nice-looking rifle. Nothing wrong with the price, either. Gonna' keep an eye on this.

I wonder if our Big R would do the transfer. Bet one of our members could tell me.

Bumpity bump...

What a beauty!

SOLD to one of our members! Sign in please!

Thx!

Let me know if there are any issues with the transfer.

Don't hate me. That rifle needed a good home. And I loves me a good .30-06.

Don't hate me. That rifle needed a good home. And I loves me a good .30-06.

Congrats on the new to you shooter.

Let me know if there are any issues with the transfer.

Thanks for your help. Nice talking with you today.

Congrats!

ras sent me the shipping addy for the transfer ML. I will schedule a pick up and send tracking # asap.

So far so good!

TG