newbe

Neither of my BHW barrels will shoot the Hornady 75gr pills well.

Anybody else notice this?

They shoot the SMKs and Noslers 69 and 77 gr pills really well, but for some reason the 75gr Hornady's not so much. It was hard (really hard) to get them to print groups around 3/4" @ 100 yds.

Same thing for me. But then again, the factory DPMS barrel I had before didn't like the Hornady 75 either.

Barrels either love those or hate them. Not a lot of inbetween and no rhyme nor reason. I was tickled that mine like the 69 SMK's and 77 Noslers.

Greg

So it's not just me lol

Load them real long or real short on an experiment.

Greg

Mine shoots the 75 Hornady Superformance very well. Can see no real difference between them and any other well put together load.

Load them real long or real short on an experiment.

Greg

I could try that I guess. These were loaded to magazine length, so I can't go any longer unless I single load the rounds. I could go shorter I guess, but I've got some pretty sweet loads worked up with 69 and 77 gr SMKs.

This is the perfect example of the guys that build around one bullet. As yuou know Hornady is not making some right now. Guess which pnes they stopped? Mostly TARGET bullets becasuse while the users, that being us, THINK they shoot a lot but on the grand scheme of things we use squat. A guy that does two mag dumps a month equals thw amount a HP shooter shoots in a monthly match. The averge competitive shooter might shoot a box a month if they are a hack. The average young newby with an RT may shoot ten times that. When I shot IHMSA I shot 1200 rounds/month. Now I am about 1/4 of that when I am competeting. Load development is hardly a blip on the screen.

Greg

Makes sense. I'm going to try them in the RRA though. I have a feeling they'll do better through the Wilson barrel.