estesrf

Anyone tried the HK416 or PRI 6.8 mags?

Anyone tried the HK 416 mags or the PRI 6.8 mags in order to get a 2.3" COL?

Was the extra length worth it?

Anyone tried the HK 416 mags or the PRI 6.8 mags in order to get a 2.3" COL?

Was the extra length worth it?

No but I have some windowed magazines that let me do it for five rounds. I have shot 2.60 and 3.00 in my BHW barrels. Accuacy and speeds were virtually identical. Not worth the effort IMHO. Loading single shot to 2.40 was good for 500 yards with heavy loads was good but for pure magazine weight bullets 2.60 will getter done. You can shoot 95's and that is about the max effective weight on the little giant in my opinion.

Greg

No but I have some windowed magazines that let me do it for five rounds. I have shot 2.60 and 3.00 in my BHW barrels. Accuacy and speeds were virtually identical. Not worth the effort IMHO. Loading single shot to 2.40 was good for 500 yards with heavy loads was good but for pure magazine weight bullets 2.60 will getter done. You can shoot 95's and that is about the max effective weight on the little giant in my opinion.

Greg

Thanks for the info; I'll just stick with the GI mags I already have on hand.

I have several boxes of Speer 90 gr and a box of Sierra 85 gr spitzers ready go reload in my new Redding dies. Wednesday is 8 weeks for me, so my barrel should be coming in the next couple of weeks. I am looking forward to load workup and then putting some pork in the freezer.