AR15Armory.com

AMERICAN 30 Bigger and Better

GLShooter

I've got a brake on my .308 and I LOVE it!!

Shoots soft as a babies butt!

I have no idea how soft a baby's but shoots but an American 30 is not much of a handful. I was doing110's at 2700+ out of a 16"barrel today. Piece of cake. I guess it's time to drop it on my M16 lower and rock and roll.

Greg

I have no idea how soft a baby's but shoots but an American 30 is not much of a handful. I was doing110's at 2700+ out of a 16"barrel today. Piece of cake. I guess it's time to drop it on my M16 lower and rock and roll.

Greg

:thumb:

We need a video of that please!!!

Does BHW plan on offering an 18" barrel in this caliber?

Thanks

Glenn

They will offer them all but don't look for a rifle gas. The expansion ratio vs powder available is just not enough to be reliable.

Greg

So no rifle length on a 20" barrel? Or have ya'll even tried a 20" barrel?

Thanks Greg.

No we have shot 20" barrels in a different reamer with a mid that runs like a house on fire. The close similar cases out for years do very poorly with the rifle gas. Do the math about volume of bore size and then look at the small powder charges and 30 grains just won't do it reliably. Compared to a 243 it is huge and we do shoot those. Across the board an 18" rifle gas is can be very probelematic in many chamberings.

Greg

No we have shot 20" barrels in a different reamer with a mid that runs like a house on fire. The close similar cases out for years do very poorly with the rifle gas. Do the math about volume of bore size and then look at the small powder charges and 30 grains just won't do it reliably. Compared to a 243 it is huge and we do shoot those. Across the board an 18" rifle gas is can be very probelematic in many chamberings.

Greg

Gotcha. :thumb:

Gotcha. :thumb:

Bolt guns are easy. I think the AR is the SEAL TEAM 6 of nuances and high speed low drag. Lots of ways to win big and lots of ways to fail. For instance FORGET IMR 3031 in ANY 30 caliber or less AR. I keep trying and it keeps biting me on the gluteus maximus ( I am stupid like that) In a bolt it is good but slow. In an AR you might as well be shooting low grade high inclusion coal.

Greg

They will offer them all but don't look for a rifle gas. The expansion ratio vs powder available is just not enough to be reliable.

Greg

Thanks Greg.

My first 6X45 mm BHW barrel is an 18" midlength. And I have a BTE adjustable gas block mated to it.

To bad about IMR 3031 has been such a problem child in AR's. I have quite a bit of it since it is one of the most efficient powder for my 16" M1A rifle. Excellent accuracy also.

Looking forward to see how the 110 gr. bullets worked out.

Glenn

Thanks Greg.

My first 6X45 mm BHW barrel is an 18" midlength. And I have a BTE adjustable gas block mated to it.

To bad about IMR 3031 has been such a problem child in AR's. I have quite a bit of it since it is one of the most efficient powder for my 16" M1A rifle. Excellent accuracy also.

Looking forward to see how the 110 gr. bullets worked out.

Glenn

I used 3031 in my 308's for years in IHMSA. Great stuff. In the little autos no bueno.

Those 110's are a hoot.

Greg