NugginFutz

Another BHW Shooter

Yep. I think I have some H322 at the house.

Only problem I can see with the h322 is possible temperature sensitivity.

Not likely to be very temperature sensitive, as it is one of Hodgdon's Extreme powers, which are supposed to be fairly insensitive. The stuff has been a favorite of the Bench Rest crowd for a number of years, too.

I shoot in weather ranging from 20'F to over 105'F. This load has not shown an ugly side, yet.

Not likely to be very temperature sensitive, as it is one of Hodgdon's Extreme powers, which are supposed to be fairly insensitive. The stuff has been a favorite of the Bench Rest crowd for a number of years, too.

I shoot in weather ranging from 20'F to over 105'F. This load has not shown an ugly side, yet.

Good to know.

I know H335 has been proven to be sensitive to temps. I assumed H322 would be as well.

Nice all the way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for the OP,

Have you noticed any interference between the gas block and that rail?

Mine clears, but barely, and I mean BARELY.

Was wondering if it's possible they would hit each other upon firing when the barrel and tube flex.

Hopefully the bullet is gone at that point, but with that long of a barrel, I'm not sure.

Question for the OP,

Have you noticed any interference between the gas block and that rail?

Mine clears, but barely, and I mean BARELY.

Was wondering if it's possible they would hit each other upon firing when the barrel and tube flex.

Hopefully the bullet is gone at that point, but with that long of a barrel, I'm not sure.

I've not measured, but there is clearly daylight between the gas block and hand guard - perhaps 3/16 - 1/4". Additionally, I've had the hand guard off a couple times, and noticed no signs of contact on the gas block. This being a bull barrel, that does not surprise me. Which hand guard and block are you using?

I've not measured, but there is clearly daylight between the gas block and hand guard - perhaps 3/16 - 1/4". Additionally, I've had the hand guard off a couple times, and noticed no signs of contact on the gas block. This being a bull barrel, that does not surprise me. Which hand guard and block are you using?

Same hand guard as you, and a low pro gas block, not sure of the make right at this moment.

Well, I've had time to characterize my newest BHW barrel, and the results are nothing less than fantastic. (Was there any doubt?)

After break in (groups were already promising), and a few seasoning shots (groups continued to improve), I worked up some loads. One that the barrel really favors is the following:

Powder: 24.5 gr H322

Bullet: 55 gr Nosler BTV, seated at a standard 2.250"

Brass: LC10

This group was shot @ 100 yards, last weekend, and I had to walk downrange to confirm all the shots were in the paper. Needless to say, I am ecstatic.

ETA: Diamond is 3/4" point to point.

e3d9d106-3885-48b3-ac18-8b0d6929a16d_zps

I'm still drooling over this target........ :drool5:

Those noslers shoot AWSOME out of my gun too! Just not THAT awesome!!