AR15Armory.com

American 30 barrels available.

geepee3

One thing nice is the much lower price on the uppers and lowers. Worse than a BOGO at a drug house. I believe they are enabling our addiction.

When you get going don't hesitate to ask for advice. I'm assisting five guys right now on the 3O and some other variants.

Greg

I'm In North Carolina right now visiting Family for Christmas, but I am going to definitely hit you up for load data once I get the upper built.

Still have not decided on a muzzle device. other than the barrel I have everything to complete an American 30 upper.

This is going to be a great project for 2015.

Glenn

dayumit I am so excited I ordered a Anderson Arms complete upper receiver and the Anderson LPK in anticipation of this build. However I had a $10.00 gift card and $20.00 additional bucks off at the place I bought them. The .30 American build has begun.

• Like 1

I'm In North Carolina right now visiting Family for Christmas, but I am going to definitely hit you up for load data once I get the upper built.

Still have not decided on a muzzle device. other than the barrel I have everything to complete an American 30 upper.

This is going to be a great project for 2015.

Glenn

most of my guns are run without brakes right now. My 3Gun stuff will have one but the rest I have pretty much passed on. That being said I am always in a quandry on them myself. I am running a MIculek on one gun and like it and I am privy to a couple more companies that are getting into them. One has been building them for a big name cstom outfit for years and the other is just starting with a new shooter designed system. I'll probaly end up trying some from both out in various forms.

The best compensator I have ever shot is the DTA MilBrake but they are not availble anymore AFAIK. The linear comps ala Dragons Head work well also. The Vais was the main name there but they are pretty high dollar. I'm putting in some input on the concept with one company.

Keep us posted as you decide. I am interested how you go.

Greg

• Like 1

dayumit I am so excited I ordered a Anderson Arms complete upper receiver and the Anderson LPK in anticipation of this build. However I had a $10.00 gift card and $20.00 additional bucks off at the place I bought them. The .30 American build has begun.

Strt getting your Herrett dies. I got some new ones from Optics Planet via Amazon and three other used sets from putting the word out on one of my interent board groups.

Greg

No, it didn't have a tapered sizing button. I had several sets of RCBS .308 Win dies laying around so I just borrowed a tapered one from one of the sets I had and it threaded right on.

Thanks,

Good to know that an RCBS tapered sizing button will fit in case someone else finds a set of these dies.

Of course when American 30 brass becomes available, there will be no need for the tapered sizing button.

Glenn

Strt getting your Herrett dies. I got some new ones from Optics Planet via Amazon and three other used sets from putting the word out on one of my interent board groups.

Greg

I found a guy that sells Anderson lowers for $60 a pop so I will have that soon. The 6.8 BCG will be next on the hit list.

I see some Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies will those do?

Edited by gshayd

I found a guy that sells Anderson lowers for $60 a pop so I will have that soon. The 6.8 BCG will be next on the hit list.

I see some Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies will those do?

Yep they work fine. I am using them, the Hornadys, and they work great. I actually necked up some 6X6.8 that had been fired 10+times and NOT annealed. NO splits!!

Greg

Any chances of getting a 30 american done in a KTB barrel?

I'm not sure about that. You might want to give them a call. This one is such a pussy cat I wouldn't unless I decided to use it in run and gun. Not a good choice because of lost brass in that game. I can tell you they are loud.

Greg

I have been looking at BCGs. Brownells has a DD I can get for 178.13 plus shipping with a FA Bolt carrier. Stag Arms has thiers for $135.00 with a FA carrier plus free shipping. I noticed that BCM carries the Stag Arms 6.8 SPC uppers.

decisions decisions decisions

gimme some input

I am going the full 20" barrel what is the thread size for a muzzle brake on it ? nevermind I see it is 5/8 x 24.

Edited by gshayd