AR15Armory.com

American 30 barrels available.

geepee3

http://rockcityarms.com/ Try this.

Greg

quote name="gshayd" post="2527461" timestamp="1419693446"]

I have been looking at BCGs. Brownells has a DD I can get for 178.13 plus shipping with a FA Bolt carrier. Stag Arms has thiers for $135.00 with a FA carrier plus free shipping. I noticed that BCM carries the Stag Arms 6.8 SPC uppers.

decisions decisions decisions

gimme some input

I am going the full 20" barrel what is the thread size for a muzzle brake on it ? nevermind I see it is 5/8 x 24.

a couple of last items to bug you about

What was the name of that place you said made the best barrels for the .30 American? Its right on the tip of my tounge???

where can a fellow get decent magazines for the 6.8SPC without breaking the bank?

Edited by gshayd

a couple of last items to bug you about

What was the name of that place you said made the best barrels for the .30 American? Its right on the tip of my tounge???

where can a fellow get decent magazines for the 6.8SPC without breaking the bank?

ASC

We got a new player in the game??

They have a dragon head break for $38!!! I'm very tempted and I don't even have a threaded barrel, YET!! They have one of those for $99!

I didn't notice that. BHW sells parts to lots of people so you do see some things out and about from various sources.

Greg

The Anderson upper and LPK will arrive tomorrow. The BCG from Rock City will be here tomorrow as well. That leaves the buffer tube assembly and rear stock to order and the rail and an optic. Since I am going with a 20" barrel I will probably go with the standard A2 stock. That is what I used during my military days. Its like an old friend. what do you use on your AR15s like these? As soon as the tax check comes in the barrel will be on order. Any time table on the availability of commercial ammo? I already have a reloading press I need to set up. This will give me the impetus to do so again....lol

An A2 or an ACE Skeleton are my choices.

Carl has just told me soon. I think the first big hang up was getting enough powder for a large quantity that they did obtain. Apparently even ammunition manufacturers don't get powder much more easily than we do.

The custom case trimmer die for cutting the necks from another company is taking a bit longer to obtain than they expected but they are almost there.

Greg

Thanks... I couldn't remember the name of the Ace Stock but that is what I was looking for also. Them guys from Rock City Arms don't mess around the BCG came in today! Looks good. The Anderson Upper & LPK came in also. See if I can score that lower tonight.

With the barrel and everything I will have about $900 sunk into the rifle. It will be built with quality parts

Edited by gshayd

The Anderson upper and LPK will arrive tomorrow. The BCG from Rock City will be here tomorrow as well. That leaves the buffer tube assembly and rear stock to order and the rail and an optic. Since I am going with a 20" barrel I will probably go with the standard A2 stock. That is what I used during my military days. Its like an old friend. what do you use on your AR15s like these?

I have been using the Magpul MOE rifle stocks.

IMG_2685_zps9501c524.jpg

The length is slightly shorter than an A2 stock. They have a replacement pad that makes it slightly longer than an A2 if you want.

I like that it has a wider purchase area on top than an A2 stock.

Just another option.

Thanks Greg for the update on the production ammunition.

I have Accurate 2200, Hodgdon H4198 and H335 powders on hand to start off with once my barrel is ready.

Was thinking about trying Thunderbird T680 powder. But have not contacted them to see if it is available. May wait to try Accurate 1680 when that surfaces again.

Glenn