talonhead

Just ordered a BHW .556 barrel

Just got word that the new bolt knob stud for this build is ready. A member of another forum offered to make it. He had it done in less than a week! Ready to send out. I added new pics of the new stud and the attachment hole on the BCG. It easier to start an album, book or story and add to it and make it public than post the individual pics. Will add more when I get it all mated!

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/talonhead/No%20Gas/story

Edited by talonhead

Just got word that the new bolt knob stud for this build is ready. A member of another forum offered to make it. He had it done in less than a week! Ready to send out. I added new pics of the new stud and the attachment hole on the BCG. It easier to start an album, book or story and add to it and make it public than post the individual pics. Will add more when I get it all mated!

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/talonhead/No%20Gas/story

Very cool!

Here is the new piece installed!

image_zpsikthnscg.jpeg

More pics updated in the album.

MikeH

Here is the new piece installed!

image_zpsikthnscg.jpeg

More pics updated in the album.

MikeH

Very cool!

If you go to the album link, there is a pic of the completed installation that got rid of the gap.

Is this a non reciprocating charging handle ?

It has no gas system. It is essentially a straight pull bolt action.

Greg

UPDATE

So, there have been a few more changes. . . .

Installed a Lantac Enhanced Straight Pull BCG. Got it with a 20% off eCoupon early this summer. But, they were back ordered for almost a month. Main differences in this BCG is no DI tube on top, just a ‘fin’ for alignment. The cam is a round bearing vs square. Two different types of handles came with it- the knob like most side-chargers come with and the extension with canted knob.

I shoot from the supported left hand position (rest or bi-pod) and the handle does not come back as far as I originally thought.

New Pics

https://imgur.com/a/6V8USwH

Starts off with the oversized knob, then pic of it installed, then some on the bench.