trentalan34

Gransfors Ax for Christmas

My brother got me a new ax for Christmas: http://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/products/forest-axes/gransfors-american-felling-axe/

It is great for felling, but I also have used it for splitting some easier woods like ash and walnut. Mainly I use my Gransfors splitting maul, but this Felling Ax is fun too. With minus 10 temperatures, it sure makes me glad I have a 2 year supply already split.

I bought a Gransfors Bruk Hunter's Ax for my son for Christmas. He was thrilled with the gift! Great quality from top to bottom if their product line. I carry a GB hand hatchet I my bug-out/hunting bag. That is a definate hand me down... Enjoy the tool.

I bought a Gransfors Bruk Hunter's Ax for my son for Christmas. He was thrilled with the gift! Great quality from top to bottom if their product line. I carry a GB hand hatchet I my bug-out/hunting bag. That is a definate hand me down... Enjoy the tool.

I agree with the quality. I also carry a GB hatchet in my hunting bag. I can shave with it.

Lol! I took a bit of hair off my arm just to test the sharpness and my wife went nuts when she witnessed the sharpness of the blade. She thought I was nuts....

Well, I have the gransfors felling ax and splitting maul. I have a Husqvarna hunters ax also. But now you are making me want a grandsfors hatchet. It would be nice for making kindling. But which one of their hatchets...?

Great hatchet, I carry the hand hatchet, the short handle version of wilderness hatchet.

Well, now I need to get a Gransfors hatchet to go with the others. I've been splitting kindling with this nasty old Estwing. I spent some time on the edge and it's sharp. I looked away and ran my hand over the edge, and it bit me. Thankfully it wasn't on a swing.

hatchetattack.jpghatchetattack2.jpg

Well, now I need to get a Gransfors hatchet to go with the others. I've been splitting kindling with this nasty old Estwing. I spent some time on the edge and it's sharp. I looked away and ran my hand over the edge, and it bit me. Thankfully it wasn't on a swing.

hatchetattack.jpghatchetattack2.jpg

Hope you had your Tetanus shot.

I've got a two year old son and a baby due any day, so I have to stay up-to-date on my DTaP vaccine anyway. The edge of that Estwing is actually finely-honed.

I wish I needed a hatchet. I'd probably just end up wanting to bury it in someone's skull.

I wish I needed a hatchet. I'd probably just end up wanting to bury it in someone's skull.

You have days like that too!? :snicker:

:naughtynaughty:

By nature, I'm not a violent person, but I have these "thoughts" sometimes. Then I think about prison...and then, I'm good to go. :hysterical3: :tiphat: