meh77gmc

Finally got some shooting in

It has been a long while, but some recoil therapy was needed. I put thirty more rounds through the Black Hole barrel and was tickled as can be. I wanted to set up golf balls on some tees (as a challenge) but the range owner wouldn't allow it. "Paper targets only!" That's ok, I'll find a place sooner or later.

I set up the black & orange target at the 225-yard line and got the scope dialed in and put a group of five down range to see what it would look like. I got nervous at first, because I wasn't seeing any hits through the 14x scope. I could see my sighter shots that landed in the black just fine, but not the ones in the orange. I finished my 5 shots and walked down to see and was pleased. All five in the orange! The group measures 1.497" (center to center) from the 225-yard line.

225yards_zpsmcaejh85.png

I think (optimistically) three of those five shots would have hit a golfball, if I was allowed to tee them up.

I finished out at the 100-yard line and put a 5-shot group on paper that made me whistle! I ain't no professional trigger jockey and ALWAYS manage to open up a tight group with either shot #4 or #5. Not this time. They all went where they were supposed to. No operator induced error this time! 5shotgroup2_zpsfkhcj8f8.png

shot2_zps4sehibaz.png

I mainly shot the group at 100 just to see where the POI was with the 225-yard zero on the scope. I love this thing now that it has the BHW barrel on it! And it sure likes those 69-grain Sierras.

Excellent shooting! That fourth or fifth shot always seems to arrive off center, doesn't it? Sweet group.

While I understand why a range would limit what targets are allowed, it would be nice to see some stuff splatter or fly, once in a while (Yeah, pa - I'll clean up after myself).

One small thing - you mentioned everything about the outing except for the barrel length and profile. I assume you mentioned it elsewhere, but I didn't see it.

My bad. The barrel is the heavy (.920? inches at the gas block) 24" stainless tube. No fluting or anything. It is sitting on what used to be a DPMS A2 that I swapped over to a flat-top when I got the barrel.

Wow, That's some nice shootin. was you shooting off a bench or how was you doing it?

Excellent shooting Sir.

Glad your on our side.

I can foresee some "recoil therapy" in your future.... I wonder if the A.C.A covers that. :hmm:

Glenn

The range has a sort of brass collection screens down that don't allow for shooting prone (like I prefer) so I had to shoot from the bench with the bipod and rear bag.

That is a super outing. Do the math and its close to 0.5 MOA. The 100 groups are wallet size for sure.

Greg

I don't have any doubt where at least one of my build barrels is coming from.

I hope research continues into the terminal and barrier ballistics of the heavier 5.56 bullets.

Get one of those new recoil reducing buffer gadgets, and you have a fine lightweight DMR with plenty of firepower.

BTW: Great shooting, sir !

Edited by Retcop

Very nice shooting meh. Very nice. Those one holders are the kind we all dream of.

Excellent!

BHW strikes again!!