Sign in to follow this  
talonhead

Well, here we go again. . .

Everybody ready for more white stuff? Latest projections says the rain will miss my neck of the woods in SE-CT.

Got 8" Sunday/Monday.

Started out Sunday, heating oil driver called the house saying that he couldn't get up the driveway--call when you get it passable.

I remember the one ringing but nothing else. When I got up and listened to the msg, I thought "On Sunday?". . . Then I looked out the window above the front door. It was already snowing at a good rate! So, off to Home Despot to get some sand and salt so I can get some oil ( these below zero temps are killing my wallet!). The I-95 was all messed up already. Picked up 500# of sand, no salt to be had. Almost couldn't see my truck from the store door! At least those that weren't already in the ditch or smacked up against the center K-Rail were slow and steady, but it was building fast. I said the hell with it and punched up 4WD. Better safe than sorry. Last crash was an Audi, nosed into the center divider with a Statey almost attached just before the Gold Star Bridge. Looked like he got a little far left, and caught some of the build-up on the shoulder. Spun him smack into the divider. My Cummins was just purring along. Had 2 1/2 by the time I got home. Took no time to cover my truck. Four hours shoveling/replacing a drive belt and a shear pin on snow blower/throwing sand on ice (350#) and my last 25# of salt.

I am officially ready for spring. . . . Oh crap, another really crappy mix heading this way starting tomorrow afternoon! I almost can't find my Quad in the snow, it's almost up to the downstairs windows, I had to use the snowblower to cut a trail to the satellite dish so I could clear it when the snow builds up. Haven't ran out of room to throw the snow with the machine. . . . . Yet, though it is piling up at the bottom of the drive along the street. How are the rest of you making out?

We are forecast to get 4 inches Wednesday.

Not a lot for places equipped to handle it, but it will mess things up on the rural 2 lanes around here.

We always get hind teat.

Sure beats the freezing rain though.

. . .

Sure beats the freezing rain though.

Yeaah, got 2" of snow and other frozen stuff, then 4 hours of warm rain, after which it froze! Tonite it's supposed to rain then snow 4-10" by tomorrow evening. Not catching a break here! Oil truck can't get up the drive. Don't get long enough between to clean up! Looks like I'll be burning diesel for heat.

How come you guys up north use heating oil instead of natural gas? Our gas is piped right into the house like water. Just wondering.

And it's sleeting in Dallas as I write this....

Global Warming my arse.

Global Warming my arse.

Coming my way....yuck.

How come you guys up north use heating oil instead of natural gas? Our gas is piped right into the house like water. Just wondering.

I don't have natural gas in my area. I have a 275 gal. fuel oil tank in the boiler room. It heats the house via hot water base board radiators, and provides hot water.

Another 10" yesterday, after it rained for 2 hours! At least the sun is out today! Yay!

Global Warming my arse.

My Mom lives North of you a biit in Flower Mound. She was saying she got 6 or 7 inched of snow earlier this week. I dont remember anything that nasty when I was living there.

Good news is, it has been beautiful here in OR. We will be hurting this summer since we didnt get any snow though.