MontanaLon

M855 ban shelved

Isn't there a saying,"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"? I see that we can never let our guard down.

Never, Ever.

and to all the people who panic bought and overpaid trying to resell it for more money cough cough cheaper than dirt can all kiss my ass. I know the fight is not over by any means but this will teach people not to jack up their credit cards right awayand panic by any time something happens

Yep. I'm glad I have some reserve built up and can shoot until stock comes back up.

Yep. I'm glad I have some reserve built up and can shoot until stock comes back up.

Hopefully it will come back quickly since the scare is over till next time

What's not in the story, 258 congressman signed a letter advising the ATF that what they were doing was unconstitutional and overstepping their bounds. That's in big part to the gun community and our barrage of emails and calls My congressman is so swamped on this issue, he hasn't even replied to me yet which he normally does.

We also owe a big thanks to Fox News which has highlighted this issue almost every day. One debate I caught the girl made the liberal look like a fool in that she couldn't tell a bullet from ammunition while making no qualms you cross this bridge other ammunition is off the shelf.

As you guys know, M855 is nothing compared to say a 30.06.

On a personal note, I don't know when I bought my last case of M855. I probably have at least three cases not including some boxes of SS109 What I do know is at most I paid $150 / 1,000. I bought it for plinking and since I've been into reloading really haven't fired it much. Decent ammunition, its not really precision stuff.

That being said, this isn't about need. This goes way beyond the liberal stance we have 11 other types of ammunition to shoot in an AR or even ARs. This is about an administration making gun control laws without our congressmen involved and setting a precedence that could lead to the ban of even your grandfathers single shot deer rifle.

Tj

+ 52 Senators who told the ATF what they were doing was not in accordance with the law . All of the above will be voting on your 2016 budget...lol. Ask the IRS about getting cut some funds for pissing Congress off.

Edited by gshayd

Now, i just wish that stupid ban on steel core 762 x 54r would disappear...

I was able to score plinking rounds just fine during the M855 scare. I try and buy 500 a month, been hovering around 34-38 cents a round for FMJ 55 grain.

Now what I want is some 77 grain SMK Black Hills or clone and that stuff is hard to come by.

*edit*

Went looking for the 77 grain SMK OTM stuff, found NO Black Hills but I did find some MagTech(MagTek?) I.E. CBC clone. 60 cents a round, so I grabbed 100 of them. Palmetto State Armory had them, so I outta have them by the time the next scare rolls around.

Edited by brembobanjo

I'm pissed the young one didn't say all 168 rounds will go through a level 3 vest or any rifle round will pretty much. Vests are for hand guns and even those can kill you if struck hard enough with enough kinetic energy to crack a rib and pierce your heart for example.

+ 52 Senators who told the ATF what they were doing was not in accordance with the law . All of the above will be voting on your 2016 budget...lol. Ask the IRS about getting cut some funds for pissing Congress off.

So what about the sig arm brace? Can the head of the atf just say with his own words if you shoulder one you now have an SBR and will go to federal prison? Doesn't seem like one man has that power.

The reprieve was short lived 2 day's.

Since the ATF couldn't quitely get M855,XM855,SS109 ammo off the market due to the people speaking up the director of the ATF this morning on capitol hill siad All 5.56mm ammo is a threat to law enforcement!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/atf-raises-new-worries-about-ar-15-ammo/article/2561422

Since the ATF couldn't quitely get M855,XM855,SS109 ammo off the market due to the people speaking up the director of the ATF this morning on capitol hill siad All 5.56mm ammo is a threat to law enforcement!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/atf-raises-new-worries-about-ar-15-ammo/article/2561422

I guess they didn't take the hint.

Exactly as I expected. They just decided to be more honest with their true intent. When i saw they said that issues were raised in the comments I figured several people pointed out that M193 was also able to go through soft armor and away ATF goes after all of it.

They have 2 years to try. I think they will use every avenue they can