newbe

Deburring the Flash Hole (How to with instructions)

Are there burrs in the flash hole of most brass, yes. Is it necessary to remove it, in my opinion no. When I was shooting X-course, I got very anal about my brass and loads. While checking load performance at 600 yards, shooting a Bushmaster match lower with a Compass Lake match upper, I noticed that loads that did not have the flash hole de-burred and did not have the powder charges hand weighed (this ammo I called "practice"), still put all 22 rounds (2 sighters and 20 shots for record) into a 3 1/2 inch group. That was 3 1/2" group at 600 yards with iron sights, shot prone with a sling, not off of some bench rest. Now I don't know about you, but as for me, a roughly 1/2 moa group at 600 yards is quite acceptable.

Spend less time loading and more time on the range. Works for me.

Wouldn't you also need to deburr the primer pocket of military round fired brass? The primers are crimped, aren't they?

I just take my chamfer tool and run it until the edge of the primer pocket is round enough to get a primer in.