Janitor

Show us photos of your reloading area

None of mine until some severe work gets done in our basement freeing up some space.

But in the meantime - let's see your setup. There are often some pretty clever ideas for use of space out there.

After tumbling is done I'll be setting up to decap and resize and I'll snap some pics then.

TJ - Funny thing is ...

... I was thinking of your setup when I mentioned folks being creative with their use of space. :)

Ok here's my setup. You've seen it before, its on the back of a utility trailer :laugh:

Now that I think about it I could just haul the whole shabang right to the range and test new loads as I make em - just like Tj :cool:

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

Edited by bayouboy

Here's mine... pretty simple setup so far. My tumbling setup is out in the garage. I like to keep this simple so as not to be distracted or lose anything. Just what I need to load whatever I'm loading.

pressSetup.jpg

reloadingbench.jpg

Small, simple and portable. Of course not everthing is mounted in the picture.

Damn nova. Now I really can't let you guys see where I've been reloading! That's great!

Where did you get that bench top? I'm looking for a deal on a somewhat larger one. Like 6'-7' long.

bayouboy - how do you like the case prep center?

ETA: MR really shows just how little space you can get by in. I'm in about the same area right now with my Dillon. Only there's mountains of crap constraining the space, not the size of the bench. Gotta get that dealt with.

Edited by Janitor

It's in a spare bedroom, unfortunately I don't have a garage or completely enclosed work area outside. Wind blowing and trying to measure powder don't work. Hopefully I'll be able to build a nice full size bench after a while.

bayouboy - how do you like the case prep center?

It definitely speeds things up considerably. Plus its a good excersize in coordinating both hands at the same time. When I started i did one case at a time moving from primer pocket cleaner to chamfer to deburr withone hand. Now I do all the primer pockets first then use both hands at the same time to chamfer and deburr together making two piles of cases. Then switch piles and repeat. It was real tricky till I got used to it.

Edited by bayouboy

Case prep center? Oh is that what the green box on the left side is? Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Sounds like a cool idea.

Damn nova. Now I really can't let you guys see where I've been reloading! That's great!

Where did you get that bench top? I'm looking for a deal on a somewhat larger one. Like 6'-7' long.

Hehe, well I didn't think that thing would be that impressive. Its one part of a 3-part butcher block set we bought many moons ago. Our dining room table is the biggest of the other parts and its 4.5'x9' and the top weighs about 150lbs! Its 1 1/4" thick, but fortunately the legs unbolt for "easy" moving. :laugh:

I don't know where you could get something like it, we bought it 15 years ago from this butch block specialty shop in Cambridge, MA.

To tell you the truth I was a little reluctant to drill holes in it for mounting the press. But I wasn't using the table for anything else so, what the hell, right? :tongue:

Case prep center? Oh is that what the green box on the left side is? Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Sounds like a cool idea.

Yup- its the green box. All 5 gismos rotate at the same time and you can just screw it what ever you want. In the pic I have the primer pocket cleaner wihich is a small stainless steel wire brush, the deburring tool, the chamfer tool and two nylon brushes. The brushes are handy for applying case lube on the inside of the neck and cleaning the inside of the neck. Other attachments can also be purchased like a military crip remover for the primer pocket. It was less than $100 and I think its worth every penny. Before this I was using the Lee Zip Trim which worked fine but took about 4 times as long to get the job done.

Mission control

Missioncontrol.jpg

Right now my shop is set up for assembly but as soon as work slacks up I’ll do some more reloading.

Nice set up Scotto. I'm hoping to take over this extra bedroom. Hell it's a 3 bedroom house with 2 people in it who sleep in the same bed.