Janitor

Show us photos of your reloading area

Nice looking reloading benches, fellas! I don't, however, see any fire extinguishers in many of the photos. I keep a ABC extinguisher right on my bench top and just around the corners of the entry/exit to my reloading room. What do you all use? I know if the powder or primers go, the extinguishers won't do much good but they are there to stop a fire taht could lead to the powders/primers/ammo.

Im curious. Have you burned much powder that wasn't under pressure? The fire extinguisher is a good idea but I burn powder on occasion and it really isn't very volatile. It really just fizzles and lets off a bunch of smoke. I guess 5 lbs going up would catch the table on fire. I think you would have to try to light it or really be a super numb nuts. haha.

Ive poured it on fires and its pretty fun to shoot tracer rounds through pill bottles of it. What I think would suck if a round went off while you were seating the bullet. I think it would blow the die all over the place.

Your right though. If I had a fire I would be pouring beer on it to put it out I guess. Need an extinguisher. Or two.

Has anyone ever had a fire ignited from a static electricity spark? I saw the guy hornady reloader on you tube wears a ground when he works with powder to avoid a spark.

My room has a wood floor so I've never had a shock of any kind.

I need a fire extinguisher to keep in my car too. Never know when your gonna need one.

Im curious. Have you burned much powder that wasn't under pressure? The fire extinguisher is a good idea but I burn powder on occasion and it really isn't very volatile. It really just fizzles and lets off a bunch of smoke. I guess 5 lbs going up would catch the table on fire. I think you would have to try to light it or really be a super numb nuts. haha.

Ive poured it on fires and its pretty fun to shoot tracer rounds through pill bottles of it. What I think would suck if a round went off while you were seating the bullet. I think it would blow the die all over the place.

Your right though. If I had a fire I would be pouring beer on it to put it out I guess. Need an extinguisher. Or two.

Has anyone ever had a fire ignited from a static electricity spark? I saw the guy hornady reloader on you tube wears a ground when he works with powder to avoid a spark.

My room has a wood floor so I've never had a shock of any kind.

I need a fire extinguisher to keep in my car too. Never know when your gonna need one.

I've never used any kind of ground when reloading, but I do keep a dryer sheet under my electronic scale.

I think it's fitting that my first post here be of my humble reloading room....

DSC01230.jpg?noCache=1460642939

DSC01229.jpg?noCache=1460642939

DSC01228.jpg?noCache=1460642939

DSC01227.jpg?noCache=1460642939

Edited by OHgunner

Looks great. You and I have the same housekeeper I see. :tiphat:

Greg

Dog is too dumb to know how bad he has it :snicker: .

Thanks Greg.... I clean it once every few years whether it needs it or not. I just use it too much for it to stay clean very long.

Dog is too dumb to know how bad he has it :snicker: .

Thanks Greg.... I clean it once every few years whether it needs it or not. I just use it too much for it to stay clean very long.

Same here.

Greg

Made upgrades to my table yesterday and its much better. I had put together my setup in a hurry and didn't even have the bolts to my press tight. I also put in a few screws around it to hold the two pieces of wood together better. I know my table is kinda ghetto but Im in a temporary room in someones house. I added a shelf in the back and it luckily fit flush against the wall so when I push theres no give. Plus I can see everything which I like. Pretty dang happy. Got a lot done yesterday and 100 rounds finished. Headed to the range to have some fun. Wish I had a buddy to blast stuff wit.

20160621_173238_zpsjdfwtqvk.jpg

Made upgrades to my table yesterday and its much better. I had put together my setup in a hurry and didn't even have the bolts to my press tight. I also put in a few screws around it to hold the two pieces of wood together better. I know my table is kinda ghetto but Im in a temporary room in someones house. I added a shelf in the back and it luckily fit flush against the wall so when I push theres no give. Plus I can see everything which I like. Pretty dang happy. Got a lot done yesterday and 100 rounds finished. Headed to the range to have some fun. Wish I had a buddy to blast stuff wit.

20160621_173238_zpsjdfwtqvk.jpg

Sounds like you're having way too much fun!!
  • Like 1

That's nice. No victim of OCD there!!

Greg

That's nicely stocked ! I guess some like their bubble light thingy's and some like their birds.

And some like their Garfield phones and lava lamps. :laugh:

Edited by MadeInUSA

Did I hear piazza???

ReloadRoom3.jpg

Greg