Janitor

Show us photos of your reloading area

That is nice and sanitary. You can make that work for many years. The only upgrade I would suggest would be better quality cardboard under the front!! :segrin:

Greg

:bellylaf: That's the only thing I had lying around to level the bench. I screwed a 2x4 to the studs in the wall and bolted the bench to it so it is pretty solid and level now. I cant stand a work surface that isn't level!

Edited by JFife

It looks like edge glued pine. If you have a decent hardwood lumber yard near by, they should be able to make one. Otherwise, you can get pre made bar tops from Menards, HD etc..

Sorry, just saw this. Yep- it's pre glued dimensional stuff from Home Depot. They had a good width so I ran with it.

Here is my new setup.

IMG_2114.jpg

Compact and organized! I like it!! :thumb:

Edit: just noticed the street sign. Nice. :laugh:

:bellylaf: That's the only thing I had lying around to level the bench. I screwed a 2x4 to the studs in the wall and bolted the bench to it so it is pretty solid and level now. I cant stand a work surface that isn't level!

I've been working on my reloading area lately too (well not lately, long story :laugh: ) and I also screwed the horizontal 2X4s directly into the vertical studs. It is going to be rock solid when it's done (eventually :kickcan: )

I've been working in my reloading area lately too (well not lately, long story :laugh: ) and I also screwed the horizontal 2X4s directly into the vertical studs. It is going to be rock solid when it's done (eventually :kickcan: )

Yeah it definitely helps making it solid. The bench itself was already solid but because it is not very deep and sitting on carpet, bolting it to the wall was the only way to go.

Yeah it definitely helps making it solid. The bench itself was already solid but because it is not very deep and sitting on carpet, bolting it to the wall was the only way to go.

Speaking of that carpet part, no way would that work for me. Think about how many little pieces of brass and powder are going to be embedded in the carpet shortly.

You might look at getting something like a mat from staples for a rolling desk chair?

The first time the cartridge doesn't meet the powder drop correctly your gonna have a MESS!!!

Other than that, nice bench!

Speaking of that carpet part, no way would that work for me. Think about how many little pieces of brass and powder are going to be embedded in the carpet shortly.

You might look at getting something like a mat from staples for a rolling desk chair?

The first time the cartridge doesn't meet the powder drop correctly your gonna have a MESS!!!

That's a good point actually.

You should see the carpet in my apartment. No amount of brass shavings or powder could do it harm :laugh:. I may end up getting one of those mats, I still have not figured out the seating situation as my only chair, besides my recliner, is a little too short.

Edited by JFife

That's a good point actually.

Picking up powder and brass chunks in a vacuum doesn't sound good either

Picking up powder and brass chunks in a vacuum doesn't sound good either

Part of my point and concern. Brass not a biggie. Powder however, not a good idea with an electrical device.

Part of my point and concern. Brass not a biggie. Powder however, not a good idea with an electrical device.

Maybe my apartment quadplex will burn down and I'll have to find a new place. Pretty much anywhere is an improvement from where I live now :bellylaf:

Maybe my apartment quadplex will burn down and I'll have to find a new place. Pretty much anywhere is an improvement from where I live now :bellylaf:

Now THERES a Christmas wish I've not heard before.. :lol:

Imagine a dropped primer inside the vaccume with a bunch of brass shavings and some powder! KABOOM!

Oh wait, he said apartment and I'm guessing single? No way does he own a vaccume!

Problem solved. Carry on.

Imagine a dropped primer inside the vaccume with a bunch of brass shavings and some powder! KABOOM!

Oh wait, he said apartment and I'm guessing single? No way does he own a vaccume!

I owned one when I was single living in an apt.

I just never used it. :lol:

What gave you that idea, the "Horney Street" sign on the wall? :segrin: I actually do own a vaccum, but it is older than I am and does not work very well..