Janitor

Show us photos of your reloading area

What gave you that idea, the "Horney Street" sign on the wall? :segrin: I actually do own a vaccum, but it is older than I am and does not work very well..

I wonder if I'm the only one who just went to, or WILL go to your profile to see how old you are? :laugh:
  • Like 1

Part of my point and concern. Brass not a biggie. Powder however, not a good idea with an electrical device.

It could be exciting but I like things a little on the dull side.

Edited by Jaeger48

I wonder if I'm the only one who just went to, or WILL go to your profile to see how old you are? :laugh:

I'm exactly 1/2 your age, with far less than 1/2 the knowledge :lol:

• Like 1

I won't comment much on the vacuum deal except the KIRBY with the metal power head and impeller are bad juju on primers. John Nowlin, RIP, had to buy his wife a new one when he was cleaning his shop. I've used an ORECK in the past, and a Miele now on the floor a nd for the bench I clean with my 1 gallon Wet Vac. Not real concerned about it as you aren't going to have four pounds of swarf, a solid 4 ounces of powder and a primer going through at the same time. The hardest thing for me was finding a vacuum that fit my hand.

Greg

I think I would be devestated if I ruined a Kirby vaccum, those things are like a thousand bucks.

I'm exactly 1/2 your age, with far less than 1/2 the knowledge :lol:

Newbe's a young'n. Iv'e got shooting shirts far older than you are. :cool:

Greg

I think I would be devestated if I ruined a Kirby vaccum, those things are like a thousand bucks.

Yes hence the use of a different style in my house for the chore. For John it was just a funny story but I'd of love to have seen the look on his wifes face.LOL

Greg

Ok,getting Big Blue set up. Here's the latest pics. I took these yesterday. Working this afternoon getting the dies set up.

gallery_25426_262_31689.jpg

gallery_25426_262_689912.jpg

gallery_25426_262_614184.jpg

gallery_25426_262_373122.jpg

med_gallery_25426_262_979430.jpg

And now for the money shot. This one's for Fleshwound.

gallery_25426_262_752878.jpg

Edited by Srgt. Hulka
  • Like 1

Very nice!! Now I'm thinking I should have ordered blue!! :laugh:

Knobs? That is VERY nice. Good work there.

Greg

Don't forget the spring..LOL

Knobs? That is VERY nice. Good work there.

Greg

Don't forget the spring..LOL

Yes. I ordered gray, but somehow I think they're going to arrive PINK in color...., :tap:

Yes. I ordered gray, but somehow I think they're going to arrive PINK in color...., :tap:

Say it isn't so.............. :laugh:

Sgt...have you checked to make sure your press goes full travel I mounted mine like that and the handle nut hit the bench.....

Say it isn't so.............. :laugh:

Sgt...have you checked to make sure your press goes full travel I mounted mine like that and the handle nut hit the bench.....

My handle nut hit the handle on the drawer, but it dented the wood enough to make a full travel. :laugh:

My handle nut hit the handle on the drawer, but it dented the wood enough to make a full travel. :laugh:

I set my whole press up to load 20's with the handle hitting the bench. I loaded a thousand rounds that way. When I went to load for 223 I could not get one die to screw down far enough and that is when I saw the issue. I had to re-set all my 20p dies after that but everything worked out. The 1k of rounds I loaded were all done right the press was just stopping short for a while :laugh: