ipser

Feed Ramp

I read somewhere that BHW barrels always have a feed ramp. Is this true? I could find nothing on the website about this either in the description or as an option. (I'm planning to get a 20" 5.56 national match barrel.)

If so, what upper receiver will match it?

I read somewhere that BHW barrels always have a feed ramp. Is this true? I could find nothing on the website about this either in the description or as an option. (I'm planning to get a 20" 5.56 national match barrel.)

If so, what upper receiver will match it?

??????

EVERY AR barrel has feed ramps. If you are referring to the M4 cut fed ramps then yes all BHW barrels have those. They are ideally run with an upper with the cuts in them. Most uppers come that way now BTW. That being said they run perfectly well with an upper without the M4 cut. I run several of them on OLD uppers right now.

Greg

Here is a visula for you on ramp/upper compatibility: http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/feedramps.jpg

• Like 1

??????

EVERY AR barrel has feed ramps. If you are referring to the M4 cut fed ramps then yes all BHW barrels have those. They are ideally run with an upper with the cuts in them. Most uppers come that way now BTW. That being said they run perfectly well with an upper without the M4 cut. I run several of them on OLD uppers right now.

Greg

Here is a visula for you on ramp/upper compatibility: http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/feedramps.jpg

Yes, I meant M4 cut feed ramps.

(You are right, my ancient Colt HBAR barrel does have feed ramps that do not extend into my upper. That upper has no cuts. Looks like the upper left "good" in your image.)

BHW should probably say something about this in their product description. I did see that the YHM upper receiver description says that it has M4 cut feed ramps.

The M4 ramps are found on probably 95% of barrels being made in the US at this time. In reality they are an answer to a non-problem for semiauto shooters. It is basically the default in the industry at this point. You asked and you got the information. Covering every aspect on any product on the Internet is a lost cause.

BHW maintains a Sales and CS department. They answer questions on a daily basis. In fact many technical inquires are referred to Ritch or me for email response or frequently phone consultation.

The BHW Forum on Proboards is also full of good material. I would suggest you wander over there also to cast your net for knowledge.

Greg

• Like 1