Sign in to follow this  
youngod

Lakota nation withdrawals from treaties with US

I don't know the context of their treaties but I know the Red Man has been screwed from the beginning.

These treaties didn't mean squat to the US Government to begin with, let alone 150 years later. This just opens up a possibility of the feds swooping in and declaring the Lakota land federal property and taking control of it...for the general good of the people there. All I can say is be careful what you ask for. Now, that said, I don't know squat about Indian treaties or the Indian nations. So, I could just be talking out my ***.

• Like 1

An article from Dec. 2007. :dontknow: Not sure that went very far.

These treaties didn't mean squat to the US Government to begin with, let alone 150 years later. This just opens up a possibility of the feds swooping in and declaring the Lakota land federal property and taking control of it...for the general good of the people there. All I can say is be careful what you ask for. Now, that said, I don't know squat about Indian treaties or the Indian nations. So, I could just be talking out my ***.

Nevermind. :laugh:

I'm down with that, could really get behind their efforts. However, they're going to need to do a couple things first. First, return every penny the US invested in their reservations for roads, infrastructure, and federal employee salaries that were paid to work in part or in whole on the reservations. Second, return every dime the US has paid in federal benefits over the last 150 years that is in excess of the amount paid in federal taxes. Finally, they need to secure their borders. Until then, they can STFU about not being a part of the US.

• Like 1

If they keep the constitution then I'm all for that.

If they keep the constitution then I'm all for that.

What constitution? They want to be a separate nation, under their own rule.

• Like 1

hmmmm me never see date!

BUT I will say this. When the winds of political change happen, I'll stand with the Red man!

What constitution? They want to be a separate nation, under their own rule.

Yea, that could go south pretty quick. Most of those indian nations are pretty liberal. I think I'll stay here in the Bible Belt.

Thread moved to the American Indian nation Forum..

carry on

Thread moved to the American Indian nation Forum..

carry on

:scotto: ugh.

• Like 1

I'm down with that, could really get behind their efforts. However, they're going to need to do a couple things first. First, return every penny the US invested in their reservations for roads, infrastructure, and federal employee salaries that were paid to work in part or in whole on the reservations. Second, return every dime the US has paid in federal benefits over the last 150 years that is in excess of the amount paid in federal taxes. Finally, they need to secure their borders. Until then, they can STFU about not being a part of the US.

Do you think the US owes the Indian nation anything for the land they stole in the first place. Or the genocide committed by the US on the native population.

Some interesting information. According to geneticist the "red man" have been the Americas for from 10,000 to 12,000 years. However, the Topper archaeological site in South Carolina shows human habitation going back over 20,000 years. A Mastodon kill found in Maryland, dated back 17,000 years, had a spear point in it that was European in design and not an Asian point.

So, just who has the right to first claim on the land in the Western Hemisphere? Also, just when did the Lakota drop their claim to land in Minnesota?