AR15Armory.com

Lakota nation withdrawals from treaties with US

Some interesting information. According to geneticist the "red man" have been the Americas for from 10,000 to 12,000 years. However, the Topper archaeological site in South Carolina shows human habitation going back over 20,000 years. A Mastodon kill found in Maryland, dated back 17,000 years, had a spear point in it that was European in design and not an Asian point.

So, just who has the right to first claim on the land in the Western Hemisphere? Also, just when did the Lakota drop their claim to land in Minnesota?

There have been Caucasian remains found all over North and South America. Not only do the haplogroups prove they're from Europe, but the facial reconstruction is hard to argue with. They found one guy that looks exactly like Patrick Stewart, and he's like 10k years old according to carbon dating. The Indians are all up in arms about it because they know it's been going on for a long time. That's why they won't allow supposed "Indian graves" to be studied. Despite the fact that the people are obviously not related to any tribe in any way, they claim them as their ancestors anyway just because the graves are in areas claimed as sacred by some tribe somewhere.

To be quite blunt, the US has done bad things to the indigenous peoples of the territory we claimed. However, we're the only ones holding guilt over such actions, even though just about every other nation on the planet (if it's been around long enough) has done the same thing. I equate it with slavery. Yes, my ancestors did bad things to black people. I'm no racist, have nothing against anyone of any race. But I also don't owe them a damned thing because of the actions of my ancestors.

And while this might be an unpopular opinion, the notion that they have "nations" is silly. You don't have a nation when you have no defense, no currency, have racist laws, and rely upon the US for money, for aid, for social services, for everything. If you want to be self-sufficient and have your own nation with your own laws, great. Go to it. But secure your borders, let's get passports issued and visas to your citizens. But the days of handing cash to tribes by the bucketful, and the distribution of federal social benefits to non-citizens is OVER.

I think some terms need to be defined. In the field of International Relations there are three terms used, nation, state and nationstate. A nation is a group of people with the same language, religion, heritage, ect. A state is a geographic area with defined and internationally recognized borders with an effective central government. A nationstate is what it sounds like, a nation in a defined geographic area with defined and accepted borders and an effective central government.

The Curds and Basque may have a claim to be nations. The United States, China, Cuba, ect, are all States. Serbia and Slovakia may be the closest we now have to a nationstate. So, some tribes may claim to be nations but because of mixed breeding their claims are dubious at best.

I think some terms need to be defined. In the field of International Relations there are three terms used, nation, state and nationstate. A nation is a group of people with the same language, religion, heritage, ect. A state is a geographic area with defined and internationally recognized borders with an effective central government. A nationstate is what it sounds like, a nation in a defined geographic area with defined and accepted borders and an effective central government.

The Curds and Basque may have a claim to be nations. The United States, China, Cuba, ect, are all States. Serbia and Slovakia may be the closest we now have to a nationstate. So, some tribes may claim to be nations but because of mixed breeding their claims are dubious at best.

I personally believe that they are on the right track by abolishing treaties. We've had a hundred years or more of federal tax dollars propping up Indian "nations". The idea behind set asides for Indian tribes is silly, and archaic. If they want to exist on their own, fine, do so, otherwise, it all goes back to the people of the US, and they have every opportunity and right that everyone else has, nothing more, nothing less. NO ethnic group deserves any special set asides or rights, none. To do anything else is racist towards people of "other" ethnic groups. Many inner city centered social programs are racist by action, if not design. They keep those in the inner cities (blacks, mainly) dependent upon others for their very survival, and that's almost as bad as slavery itself. It gives people the illusion that they're free, while making them dependent upon their "masters" for their very survival. Sending federal money to Indian reservations in the form of social programs and handouts, is the same as when Indians were given smallpox infected blankets. It's an apparent gift, that's really a death sentence.

ANYONE, of ANY race that is taking money from the public coffers by way of a social program for more than an absolute emergency (which is what social programs should actually be for), is being forced to be dependent upon the good graces of those with money, of those who would oppress them. When it becomes a large portion of a minority group's members, it turns into racism, and a tool to keep minorities from actually reaching their potential and earning their way out of poverty. Until or unless we start changing that, we're keeping slavery going, and those of us paying taxes are the new plantation owners.

To be quite blunt, the US has done bad things to the indigenous peoples of the territory we claimed. However, we're the only ones holding guilt over such actions, even though just about every other nation on the planet (if it's been around long enough) has done the same thing. I equate it with slavery. Yes, my ancestors did bad things to black people. I'm no racist, have nothing against anyone of any race. But I also don't owe them a damned thing because of the actions of my ancestors.

And while this might be an unpopular opinion, the notion that they have "nations" is silly. You don't have a nation when you have no defense, no currency, have racist laws, and rely upon the US for money, for aid, for social services, for everything. If you want to be self-sufficient and have your own nation with your own laws, great. Go to it. But secure your borders, let's get passports issued and visas to your citizens. But the days of handing cash to tribes by the bucketful, and the distribution of federal social benefits to non-citizens is OVER.

My fear is that they would turn into small versions of Mexico within our own borders. Even if they didn't continue to get welfare, you know congress would give them hundreds of millions in foreign aid.

Nope, just put the Army and the National Guard and/or the Militia around all reservations and force all members of those tribes to go back to the reservation and not allow anyone in or out without a true passport and visa to leave. But do not issue any visas. Let them stew in the cesspool of their own making for a while and we will see a turn and they all will beg to be allowed to become citizens of the U.S. again.