Sign in to follow this  
FEENIX

Father's Day Wilderness Fishing ...

A bit late but 7 of us spent 3-days of hard (fun that is :tiphat: ) wilderness fishing at Canoe Lake Saskatchewan on Father's Day weekend and met our limit on walleye and northern pike everyday.

Didn't take much picture but there were only 6 boats on the entire lake (4 from MT, 3 of which is from my group, and 2 locals).

The fishing grounds ...

P1030839A_zpsg2xgtjbe.jpgP1030841A_zpsrxzgi5lp.jpg
P1030842A_zpsyt8pi1md.jpg

No monsters but here's just some catch of the day ...

P1030828B_zpspoozddj4.jpg
P1030824A_zpskav7upew.jpg
P1030832B_zpspbk3frz4.jpg
P1030835A_zps4lung04n.jpg
P1030837A_zps63ervtza.jpg

At one time my buddy and I hooked on 30+ pike at a pike a minute pace but only kept 3 for lunch ... we had a blast. :anim_wave:

Holy Hell is that my idea of fun. I've had a trip like that on my bucket list for a very long time.

Holy Hell is that my idea of fun. I've had a trip like that on my bucket list for a very long time.

I know what you mean, my fishing buddies has been doing it annually for the last 13 years but I only made it on 3 of them.

Looks like y'all had a great time.

Makes me want to go back to Canada and fish! :tiphat:

Looks really peaceful.

Looks like you had a good time.

Looks like a great weekend Feenix. It's a great weekend when you get to spend it on the water fishing. Especially when you get to show off a good stringer of fish.

Now, about those pike. We call those jackfish down here. They are considered trash fish because they kill the game fish. When we catch them, we usually kill them and throw them back for the turtles, or give them to the black people fishing on the bank. They are some good fighters though and fun to reel in. fishing.gif

I know what you mean, my fishing buddies has been doing it annually for the last 13 years but I only made it on 3 of them.

13? Now I am envious. I can just never seem to find the time. For me, that would be a week adventure that the wife wouldn't want to do. Pike though, that's some damn fine fishing and that's a heck of a haul you all got.

Tj

SWEET !

Looks like a great weekend Feenix. It's a great weekend when you get to spend it on the water fishing. Especially when you get to show off a good stringer of fish.

Now, about those pike. We call those jackfish down here. They are considered trash fish because they kill the game fish. When we catch them, we usually kill them and throw them back for the turtles, or give them to the black people fishing on the bank. They are some good fighters though and fun to reel in. fishing.gif

The locals calls them Jack too! The pike are very aggressive and territorial fish and they'll eat just about everything, however, they are good eats ... they been dubbed poor man's lobster. They are pretty tasty esp. when fresh. Fileting them sucks though, because of the y-bone.