AR15Armory.com

I can make a Factory Crimp Die for your A30

Flesh Wound

Glenn, I'd have to see what the innerds of the Redding die look like to say yes or no.

ETA: If it's the simple thing that it appears to be, as in a one-piece unit I can modify that to work.

Thanks for the response.

The Redding taper crimp die is one piece.

Two mods would have to be done to it.

One would be the inside shoulder angle, the other would be the cutting down the length of the die.

I do have an extra Lee .308 Win. FCD in my reloading room...... Somewhere. :hmm:

If I decide to send the Lee FCD I will P.M. you.

Thanks Again!

Glenn

I have a question. Why do you feel there is a need for a crimp die? I haven't had any of the 1000+ bullets that I've shot move under recoil.

Remington brass neck tension is not up to par with the other 6.8 SPC brass I have shot.

And I have a few hundred cases I would like to use.

Glenn

Remington brass neck tension is not up to par with the other 6.8 SPC brass I have shot.

Glenn

Just turn the expander ball down on the die. This is the way we've done it for a couple decades now. Old School still works. ..

Getting another expander for the thin guys won't be hard. Chuck it up in a drill and hit it with some emery cloth and final polishing with crocus cloth and FLITZ. Smooth as a babies butt will do it.

Greg

Glenn

The Remington brass has plenty of neck tension. That was the original brass used when we started with development. I actually tried to blow an upper up using Remington brass and CCI magnum primers. I never did get it to break. I used enough powder to literally split the case from compression, and the necks still held.