filthy phil

is the geissele realky worth 2x the jp trigger

To improve my 6920.

Many hype on the geissele but damn, $240 is 1/3 the price of another (stripped) 6920!

What else should i look at?

(I have a mangled trigger finger and my 6920 trigger sux for me.

In comparison my wasr was no problem for 200 rounds)

To improve my 6920.

Many hype on the geissele but damn, $240 is 1/3 the price of another (stripped) 6920!

What else should i look at?

(I have a mangled trigger finger and my 6920 trigger sux for me.

In comparison my wasr was no problem for 200 rounds)

Do you have a friend that will let you pull the trigger on a Geissele? I have an ALG for my defensive rifles. And Geissele in my range gun that I want to make very small holes in paper. The ALG is a very good milspec in my opinion. YMMV

http://algdefense.com/lower-parts.html

Edited by Joel74

Do you have a friend that will let you pull the trigger on a Geissele? I have an ALG for my defensive rifles. And Geissele in my range gun that I want to make very small holes in paper. The ALG is a very good milspec in my opinion. YMMV

http://algdefense.com/lower-parts.html

do you have the act or qms? Im liking that price.

and no, despite all the houston area arfcommers, i am friendless in the gun community

Edited by filthy phil

I have the ACT. No grittiness at all. Still doesn't do anything about the trigger pull weight. Mine breaks right about 6lbs. But no guarantee what yours would be.

Either of the ALG's should be an improvement over a standard in a kit. Well as good or better depending on your luck.

• Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of 9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.5lbs.

Any way to get a 4# pull w/o a $240 price?

Someone with more experience will be bye to let you know what's, what. I'm only going to give my opinion based on my experience. Not what I've heard or read.

You could put a drop in BTE for a 3.5 pound pull. They are a lot less than the G. I run them , the Timney that cost more and the G. High Speed. The big $ one is for my F-Class AR. The others are great for hunting and 3Gun.

Greg

I run a hipertouch 24c adjusted down to 2lbs that I absolutely love and I have a pof drop in that feels great, but I have yet to take it to the range. It is not an ar trigger but my favorite is my 1.5 lbs trigger in my 10/22 fromm kidd innovative. Very short reset allow for stupid fast follow ups!

Is the geissele really worth the cost? If the trigger you want is a geissele trigger then it is worth the price. If the trigger you want is not a geissele then you probably shouldn't buy one.

When I put my rifle together I wanted a straight 2-stage trigger with a pull between 3 and 4 lbs. That meant I wanted a geissele sd-e, which is what I bought.

If you want a single stage trigger I'm pretty sure giessele doesn't make one, so you should probably not spend the money on one.

If you are interested in a 2 stage trigger, the one my RRA is sweet.

I think MSRP is around $120 but they can be found for around 100 if you find a sale.

I really like it. For full disclosure, I don't have any experience with the high dollar G triggers.

The RRA has no creep or grit and the break is super crisp, IMO.

Is the geissele really worth the cost? If the trigger you want is a geissele trigger then it is worth the price. If the trigger you want is not a geissele then you probably shouldn't buy one.

When I put my rifle together I wanted a straight 2-stage trigger with a pull between 3 and 4 lbs. That meant I wanted a geissele sd-e, which is what I bought.

If you want a single stage trigger I'm pretty sure giessele doesn't make one, so you should probably not spend the money on one.

The do make a single stage, the Super 3 Gun - S3G.

If you have a Colt like the OP you'll need to make sure to buy the right one. Might need to buy the large pin trigger.

http://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html

Edited by Joel74

Rock River Arms Varmint two stage trigger for $79.00. at AR15Sales.

The Varmint has a 3.5 pound total pull.

I have two of these and two Geissele SSA's.

Between the two, the Geissele has a cleaner break. I can feel the difference in pull weight though, the Geissele being a pound more.

With that said. I can't tell the difference on paper. Both do sub MOA with my rifles.

I did have an issue with pins being scuffed up and scratched with one kit. RRA customer service was disappointing, and I ended up purchasing new pins. Other than that, they work fine.

Here's a link for you.

http://www.ar15sales.com/store/miscparts.html

Glenn

Rock River Arms Varmint two stage trigger for $79.00. at AR15Sales.

The Varmint has a 3.5 pound total pull.

I have two of these and two Geissele SSA's.

Between the two, the Geissele has a cleaner break. I can feel the difference in pull weight though, the Geissele being a pound more.

With that said. I can't tell the difference on paper. Both do sub MOA with my rifles.

I did have an issue with pins being scuffed up and scratched with one kit. RRA customer service was disappointing, and I ended up purchasing new pins. Other than that, they work fine.

Here's a link for you.

http://www.ar15sales.com/store/miscparts.html

Glenn

For 1/3 the ost of the giesselle i can live with a little grit.

Thanks

For 1/3 the ost of the giesselle i can live with a little grit.

Thanks

IDK if my fingers are numb, but my RRA National Match ( I believe that is what they call it), breaks as clean as can be.

For 1/3 the cost of the Geissele I can live with a little grit.

Thanks

There is no grit on my RRA Varmint trigger.

IDK if my fingers are numb, but my RRA National Match ( I believe that is what they call it), breaks as clean as can be.

The RRA Varmint triggers I own have good clean breaks.

But when I compare the RRA Varmint to the Giessele SSA I own. The SSA have a slightly cleaner break in my view.

And as I mentioned. My uppers can't tell the difference.

Glenn