KyAR

What are you useing for a sling?

What are you running for a sling? Single point? Two point? Three point? A piece of shoe string?

QD swivel, HK clip, what do you like? How is it set up?

The brand, you favor. The pros and cons of what you have used.

I'm looking at getting acouple of slings here soon, and would like to hear/see what your running and why? How you like or dislike it.

KyAR

Well where I shoot left handed I run the Gear Sector single point slings, with the web attachment plate that replaces the lower end plate.

Never had a problem with Gear Sector and most of the people I shoot with around here all use Gear Sector 2 point slings since they shoot right handed.

I also have a couple of torinco slings which are single / two point combos and they are a very nice sling.

End plates if you are considering using QD, Web mount, H&K, I recommend to everyone to use the black widow nomar qd since it will work with just about every connection to mount to it.

Started with an ares quick slide 2 point, then went to magpul single point, and i am going to be buying 2 soe bungee single points.

QD was nice for the 2 point, probably noce for the single point but i have been using the regular magpul attachment with an ambi sling plate. For the soe i will be using their standard attachment.

2 point slings are not for me. Guys use them but its all on you and what you like

VTAC, I'm too short for a single point sling to work well

Depends on the rifle and its use. For my SBRs I use MAGPUL MS3 because I can carry them right over onto my issued M4, they will work either single or 2 point. For my precision gun I have a Tab Gear and for my hunting rifle I have an Allen with the soft spongy padding where it sits on my shoulder.

VTAC, I'm too short for a single point sling to work well

Im 5'6

Im 5'6

dang, that inch shorter than you must make a big difference...LOL...I think I need to try a single point again.

really though, i like my VTAC, and might go with a single point at some point, but not now

dang, that inch shorter than you must make a big difference...LOL...I think I need to try a single point again.

really though, i like my VTAC, and might go with a single point at some point, but not now

Lol ya that extra inchbis all that matters

Use what you like and what is comfortable to you. I dont let my rifle rest in the sling that often. Adapt and overcome learn what works for you and why. Then see if there are an easier ways, techniques or gear.

Lol ya that extra inchbis all that matters

Use what you like and what is comfortable to you. I dont let my rifle rest in the sling that often. Adapt and overcome learn what works for you and why. Then see if there are an easier ways, techniques or gear.

Only time mine is really in the sling is when I go to pistol on transition drills. Going to put the Magpul ambi sling plate back on this winter and try to figure things out with the single, it was more comfortable, just never got the length quite right

I want one that I can adjust to be perfectly taught when shouldered.

I like my rifles to look like the military originals so Im using USGI web slings on my AR's (other than my AR pistol) and E. German 2 point web slings on my AK.

Cheap web slings for the most part. I run a convertable sling on M85, but I've been turned off to single-point slings since watching this video, tibia x-ray at about 8:30 (among other things) makes me cringe:

WARNING probably NSFW, some graphic stuff & you may pronounce 'ammunition' funny for a while.

I know, proper training & keep your bugger-hook off the bang-switch 'til on-target, etc. But still. Yeesh!

Also kinda trivializes the whole 9mm vs 45 thing.

Um, at 8:30, he's talking about the 5.56 entering a leg and tumbling causing severe fracture, what does that have to do with a single point sling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

II run Gear Sector two points with QD swivels. I love them.

Um, at 8:30, he's talking about the 5.56 entering a leg and tumbling causing severe fracture, what does that have to do with a single point sling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My bad: Go back to about 7:42.