AR15Armory.com

Further review :(

BillyTheKidd

I was just curious how many of you guys have to deal with further review? When i started my ar build i got a further review on the lower. I was confused as to why because i knew i had never been in trouble. One day later i got the green light. Now i have a smith and Wesson sd on the way and if i go pick it up friday and get a further review im going to be a sad sloth. The only thing i can think of is i had a twic card a few years back for work and that required a federal backround check. The employee that sold me the lower said it was because they track ar15s. I find that hard to believe. Whats your experience with further review?

I bought lots of ARs with an active top secret security clearance, and it was never delayed. I don't think that a federal background check on your record can result in longer waiting times. I know nothing of a TWIC card however. I suppose it's possible. Maybe they think since you're in transportation that it makes you more likely to engage in illegal arms smuggling???

That is the good thing about our CCDWP, we cannot get delays, denials, etc, on any non NFA items. Ky CCDWP holders are ran through Fed and State background checks, so we present our CCDWP, pay for the weapon, and walk out the door.

Like others before getting my permit never had issues purchasing a weapon and I was with my friend whom had never had a traffic violation was delayed on his first pistol purchase.

I got some lowers a few weeks ago and it was in and out ten minutes, no delay. I bet the system is behind or something.

I picked up two lowers the week after black Friday. The FFL told me there was a huge strain on the system. She its faster if you have a CCW, which I do. As it was I had to wait about 20 minutes for approval. Thanks to Obamas recent marketing efforts gun sales are at an all time high.

I just cant figure out why a flag would pop up. I use my ssn. Ive never been denied. Just had to wait.

Like someone else said earlier, probably someone with a similar name or DOB that has a record. It comes back as a possible hit, and that means they need to really look at it to make sure you are you, and not the other person.

Like someone else said earlier, probably someone with a similar name or DOB that has a record. It comes back as a possible hit, and that means they need to really look at it to make sure you are you, and not the other person.

That sounds likely. Hopefully you don't end up on the no fly list like Ted Kennedy! :ROFLLMAO: