Rabbi

Noob--Bitten by the 10mm Bug

Bought my first 1911 about 6 years ago and fell in love. Carry it (open) all the time "out on the place" but wanted a bit more power (and distance) for "eventualities" and after researching a while, decided that the 10mm was the best compromise between portability and power.

Wanted a longslide and as you know there are not too many out there--and some are way more than I want to pay for an everyday carry. So I had a conversation with a local gunshop and talked to someone who knows the Owner of Armscor and he highly recommended the Pro series.

I wanted to see the HC model in person, as I liked the idea of more ammo--but the closest dealer is about 3 hours away and I decided not to order one without holding it and seeing how it felt.

Decided on this one. Don't yet have it in hand, but wondering whatcha think.

http://armscor.com/firearms/pro-series/pro-match-ultra-6-10mm/

Rabbi

Edited by Rabbi
  • Like 1

That is one itch I thankfully do not have to scratch. Although I do shoot a similar round. Just a bit more powerful... Herter's 401 PowerMag.

I keep hearing good things about the Armscorp firearms. (Rock Island and other brands they build) That ought to be a beast.

Also, Welcome to The Armory. Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Otherwise a great bunch of folks! :segrin:

Edited by Flesh Wound

Here is my RIA 10mm it has a 4.2 inch barrel

gallery_24285_275_60543.jpg

• Like 2

gshayd--

I must ask where you got those grips--I saw the picture earlier, I love em.

Rabbi

ebay....

Welcome, Rabbi. Hope you decide to stick-around the forum. I have several 10mm's, and have heard nothing but good things regarding Rock Island Armory pistols. I'm currently, looking at the SIG Hunter for my next purchase.

a65655d4900b9ae16cab8a2d7ad7d9d3.jpg

I like the Sig Hunter but at the moment I have no more body parts I can sell.

I plan to stick around--though I am too busy to hang out all the time. Unfortunately I have too many full-time-jobs (2@24/7) and too many hobbies. I KNOW I will have questions along the way. Right now I just want to get the thing here and range-tested/sighted in.

So UPS bailed on the delivery today. Its just a little frozen water...

A weather induced tragedy......... There has to be something worse that waiting for a new 10mm, but honestly can not think of anything, it will be worth the wait.

Funny thing, my son called this morning and told me he has scheduled a mountain lion hunt for me next fall. I really don't have a pistol or revolver suitable for that event. So, looks like I need another 1911! I have not been too subtle already, and the RIA long slide 10mm has a big target on it! A 6" barrel, target sights and a battery that I know like the back of my hand looks like a recipe for success! The RIA 10 is a wonderful option, as my experience with that company is nothing short of great! Don't think twice if young can find a RIA long slide! You will be well pleased!

Here is my RIA 10mm it has a 4.2 inch barrel

gallery_24285_275_60543.jpg

Dang, that's still one of the best looking 10mm I've seen. Of course those grips are the cat's azz.
  • Like 1

Welp--it showed up today and all is good. Looks and feels nice. I DO think that the bottom the the back strap is going to be "a handful" given the recoil of 10mm and the sharpness of the checkering.

One issue--disassembly. The manual and video shows using a paper clip to keep recoil spring compressed for removing guide rod. NO HOLE in my guide rod. BUT it has a screw slot/screw in the front end of the guide rod. Armscor tech person said that has to be unscrewed. She didn't say if that was under tension or compressed?!?!?!

Inquiring minds and all that.

Edited by Rabbi