bergermeister

The Complete Guide To Handloading -copyright 1937

Here is a link to the PDF copy of the book by Phillip B. Sharpe. I stumbled onto it on the web and have owned my copy since 1960. There is a gold mine of information there even though it is old and dated. Most of the ballistic information is still relevant. http://photos.imageevent.com/badgerdog/generalstorage/pdfpublications/complete_guide_to_handloading%20-%20sharpe%20-%201937.pdf

Enjoy :)

It truly is a great reference. I use it on occasion myself. I believe mine is a second addition. Old Phil was Sharpe... (pun)

I see they are are selling for $65.00 to start up to OH WOW!!

Greg

Awesome book. I've grabbed a copy of that PDF.

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Saved to the desk top! :thumb:

Glad that some of you enjoyed the opportunity for a free copy of this great manual. When I was in the service I read the complete book and the supplement cover to cover to become knowledgeable to the point I could debate with anyone on the subjects contained therein. A gunsmith-friend back home built me a custom 7x61 Sharpe and Hart on a Mauser 98, fitted it with a Leupold 4X post and hair scope and let me pay him in monthly payments. Was a real 'shooter' :)

I was elated when I stumbled on the free PDF. Unfortunately the supplement is not there.

That was a great find. Lots of great stuff. It was the first OLD reference book I bought back in the 70's.

Greg

I'll consider it.

OK. I've considered it.

Greg

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

It's great to he able to pull it off the net. It's even better to peruse the actual book for bedtime reading. Between Sharpe, Ackley and Hatcher I am always learning with Ken Waters providing the sprinkles on top.

Greg

That was a great find. Lots of great stuff. It was the first OLD reference book I bought back in the 70's.

Greg

Gotcha on that one Greg- Bought mine in 1961 :segrin:

Gotcha on that one Greg- Bought mine in 1961 :segrin:

My first one came out of Argentina from a rare book dealer. I lost that one in a divorce. .lol I got my current one off AMAZON years ago.

Greg

I first started using this manual in the early 80s. Lost it sometime in the late 90s Still has much pertinant data. Thanks for posting the pdf!

A friend gifted me a first edition, signed, of the Sharpe book. Many of the first editions were signed by Sharpe at various times. If you look through the book you will find a photo of the bevel tip penetrator bullet, invented in the US. Looks a lot like the same bullet the US paid the Swiss $50K to produce for the M-16 after the US patent expired and the Swiss re-patented it. :tap: