rdstrain49

How many members in the Des Moines and south area

Just wondering if there are any members in what I'd call south central Ia. I'm fortunate to have my own range (200 yard) plus several club and public ranges within 30 minutes. There are more shooting opportunities here than there were in western S.D.

Go pick me up a couple of Maid Rites please.....

Seriously! There is no activity in central and south central Iowa. With all the folks hanging around the black rifles at the gun shows, I figured there would at least be some activity in the area.

Howdy Ham, I'm curious as to the lack of activity around here. I have a 200 yard range that I might be willing to share (no careless idiots need apply).

I hope it's not just the two of us. I bet if Iowa started a .223 deer season we would get a whole pack of new members right away.

I believe in safety first, as should all firearms owners. Even though I've only been shooting for a very short time I've already seen a distressing number of mistakes including getting a .270 aimed at my junk and seeing a guy muzzle a whole group of people with a loaded safety-off .22 pistol.

Precisely why I don't shoot at public ranges, unless it is at a match. Then behavior such as you describe will result in being removed from the range.

Nowhere near south central, but I'm just north of Ames.

I'm about a mile from the Iowa Speedway. Where I shoot often, you could hear me from the Speedway stands. :cool:

I'm bumping this thread for the Brownells retail store grand opening. This way anyone who is subbed to this thread knows that I'll be there.