Sign in to follow this  
beerman1378

3% Flag

You must either not be a product of the dumbed down public education system or else smart enough to have educated yourself by studying and reading more history than most. Either way I commend you. I just wish there were more millenials like you.

I appreciate the response. I'm 38 years young...not "OLD" yet not "YOUNG"! I barely did enough work to pass my public HS as well as college but soon after entering the workforce(as a CDL A beer delivery driver in the Northeast for 9 years, and now a FT Firefighter for the last 9) I realized I shortchanged myself. I don't believe everything I read on the net, but I do my fair share of online reading to supplement what I blew off in my younger years.

• Like 1

Ah, a fireman. That explains it. Im retired after 20 years on the job. Welcome to the armory. Glad to have you here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the response. I'm 38 years young...not "OLD" yet not "YOUNG"! I barely did enough work to pass my public HS as well as college but soon after entering the workforce(as a CDL A beer delivery driver in the Northeast for 9 years, and now a FT Firefighter for the last 9) I realized I shortchanged myself. I don't believe everything I read on the net, but I do my fair share of online reading to supplement what I blew off in my younger years.

Shoot, I said something nice to a hosedragger? Good grief. I'll never be able to show my face in the squad room again if anyone sees this...

I kid, I kid. I like firefighters, the ones in my city especially. They take pretty good care of us.

• Like 1

Shoot, I said something nice to a hosedragger? Good grief. I'll never be able to show my face in the squad room again if anyone sees this...

I kid, I kid. I like firefighters, the ones in my city especially. They take pretty good care of us.

Relax gunmonkey. Your secrets safe with us! :)

Edited by muzlblast

"The 3% is derived on the number of soldiers as a percentage of the total population, but it is misleading. Our current military is about 1/10 of 1% of the population, but no one is saying that only that tiny fraction supports liberty."

It's very misleading when you take into consideration the populous then and now with derivatives! But between our active and reserve we are just shy of 3mil. There are roughly 320mil total pop. Its 1% not "1/10th of 1%". (realistically its 2% given military age) Regardless, its never big enough in my opinion!!!!

Getting back to the original post...how the hell should I place this on a vertical, wall hung flag!! :)

Ah, a fireman. That explains it. Im retired after 20 years on the job. Welcome to the armory. Glad to have you here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

During downtime I get to read a lot! hahaha

"The 3% is derived on the number of soldiers as a percentage of the total population, but it is misleading. Our current military is about 1/10 of 1% of the population, but no one is saying that only that tiny fraction supports liberty."

It's very misleading when you take into consideration the populous then and now with derivatives! But between our active and reserve we are just shy of 3mil. There are roughly 320mil total pop. Its 1% not "1/10th of 1%". (realistically its 2% given military age) Regardless, its never big enough in my opinion!!!!

Getting back to the original post...how the hell should I place this on a vertical, wall hung flag!! :)

Joel showed you.. Post #5

flag%20on%20wall_zpspq8n4uur.png

Like this

3%20percent%20flag_zpsslawm9h1.png

3% Flag

Right here, I guess....

Let me try again. I thought post #5 explained it. Using paint and doing a flip and rotate and tada like this.

hung%20verticle_zpsgo6f7fnn.png

Right here, I guess....

I know the US flag has the union upper left if its flown horizontally or hung vertically. What I was wondering is do I take the 3% union as Joel showed and turn the whole thing 90 degrees counter clockwise if I hang it vertically? I might say screw it and paint it as its shown!

Let me try again. I thought post #5 explained it. Using paint and doing a flip and rotate and tada like this.

hung%20verticle_zpsgo6f7fnn.png

Exactly. Would that be proper?

Exactly. Would that be proper?

For what seems like the 3rd time for the 3% flag, YES.

For what seems like the 3rd time for the 3% flag, YES.

Sorry to drag it on guys. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

Sorry to drag it on guys. Thanks for the input!

It's OK, we've had lots of practice dragging.