newbe

Smoking deal on Speer 75gr Gold Dot .223 ammo!

Don't forget this is nickel plated brass!!! The type we like to reload!!

Why does nickel plated brass have a advantage ? The add copy touts bullet uniformity but says nothing about the case. I recently watched the David Tubb youtube videos about handloading accurate ammo and the special tools he uses for case uniformity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnrYp0NH38

There was no mention of nickel plated brass but it is a old video. Please help me understand why nickel plating is better ?

Why does nickel plated brass have a advantage ? The add copy touts bullet uniformity but says nothing about the case. I recently watched the David Tubb youtube videos about handloading accurate ammo and the special tools he uses for case uniformity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnrYp0NH38

There was no mention of nickel plated brass but it is a old video. Please help me understand why nickel plating is better ?

It's more or less a matter of opinion, but nickel doesn't tarnish like brass, cleans easier, can have more lubricity and can stand out better when it's time to collect your brass.

It's usually more expensive and less available too.

Zediker had commented about Remington nickel plated brass being more consistent than the brass counterparts.

David Tubbs is an excellent reloader and marksman. That video is also very old though he does have tons of great information.

It's more or less a matter of opinion, but nickel doesn't tarnish like brass, cleans easier, can have more lubricity and can stand out better when it's time to collect your brass.

It's usually more expensive and less available too.

Zediker had commented about Remington nickel plated brass being more consistent than the brass counterparts.

Those are good reasons. Tubb stressed that having brass that has the neck concentric with the body is important. He also seemed to say that the max powder load is rarely the most accurate. What do you know about the Speer gold dot bullet ?

Those are good reasons. Tubb stressed that having brass that has the neck concentric with the body is important. He also seemed to say that the max powder load is rarely the most accurate. What do you know about the Speer gold dot bullet ?

Both of those are true. Brass quality is a lot better these days. Concentricity is key or accuracy.

Honesty the only experience I have with Gold Dot is from pistol. They were always accurate through my 9mm and .45 ACP.

I could be mistaken, but I think law enforcement uses the Speer Gold Dot. Perhaps our local police authorities can chime in on that part.

Both of those are true. Brass quality is a lot better these days. Concentricity is key or accuracy.

Honesty the only experience I have with Gold Dot is from pistol. They were always accurate through my 9mm and .45 ACP.

I could be mistaken, but I think law enforcement uses the Speer Gold Dot. Perhaps our local police authorities can chime in on that part.

The last bad guy my Sgt. shot with a Speer Gold Dot out of an AR15 didn't care for the round much.... :laugh: just sayin.

• Like 1

The last bad guy my Sgt. shot with a Speer Gold Dot out of an AR15 didn't care for the round much.... :laugh: just sayin.

Well, there you go! :thumb:
  • Like 1

http://palmettostatearmory.com/5-56-62gr-fmj-ball-120rds.html

This deal seems good also. Is there a issue with steel core ammo ?

I've never been a huge fan of penetrator ammo. Not very accurate and punches through with a little hole. Now if you're wanting to punch holes through armor, or car doors, etc, you may want some.

20 boxes on the way.

20 boxes on the way.

I couldn't resist either. Lol

http://palmettostatearmory.com/5-56-62gr-fmj-ball-120rds.html

This deal seems good also. Is there a issue with steel core ammo ?

No issue, just mission oriented.... I was going to pick up a box for fun... That's the deal I told you about...

Law enforcement uses this.

Look at SGammo.com.

What is meant by the term, "boxer primed" ?

What is meant by the term, "boxer primed" ?

Read that as reloadable.

No shat, I'm as broke as a chinaman working on the railroad........

And the LaRue Stealth shoots this crap like a laser, would love to pick up 500rds of it.......

Jesus H. Christ. They should pay you a commission. You're like a crack dealer. I've already laid down 600 rounds of Speer ammo in the past two weeks from PSA because of you. And since I was digging around on the site, I might as well check out their uppers, and BUIS, and stocks, and holy crap, there's enough in my cart to finish a rifle for the wife... then I get an email update, and they have other stuff on sale...