Mikeybonez28

NY'er moving to a Friendly State

As the title suggests, Im moving to PA, God willing by the end of August & Im trying to get a lead on LGS' in the Lehigh Valley area (going to be in Lehighton) & what the rules & regulations are as far as AR's & hunting goes. Id also like to get my ccp/cwp. Ive seen a few 1911 80's or might just buy one pre-assembled depending on the price. Im a mechanic by trade so I do enjoying building things just as much as I enjoy shooting/hunting. Ive always been attracted to the 45ACP, largely due to the knockdown power it has & the overall design of the 1911

I know PA is much more friendly than NYC but any info is good info

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board

and Congratulations escaping the Iron Curtain !

Can't help with info on PA, except to save it is hell

driving the entire length from West to East or visa versa.

The tunnels through the mountains are way cool though.

Enjoy your new found freedom.

Edited by Retcop

Congratulations on your impending escape from Newyorkistan.

And :welcome: to the Armory.

I don't live there, but I have a lot of relatives from PA. If I'm not mistaken, all semi-auto's are out for hunting (uncertain about shotguns). You can, however, own the "evil assault weapons of war" which I've been told by the media are all called AR-15's. As far as I know, they are an NFA friendly state as well, and can even hunt with suppressors should you get one. :segrin:

Assuming you're not mistaken, I might be able to hunt with my NY15 since it's going to be a single shot (disabled gas system) but Ill have to check with the Game dept.

NFA friendly you say?? Suppressed would be great if I run a 300 setup or if I get into varmint or predator hunting

welcome to Pa. I am not a hunter so I cant comment on that. Your cwp is easy to get but the rules to get it are different by county. I am in berks county and u can apply and get it within 20 min. I used to live in Lehigh county and u have to go to the court house and apply for it. Then 4-6weeks later u will get it in the mail.

Sean

Lehigh fell through, carbondale is on the agenda, lackawanna county. Once i get there I'll check with them on it. I emailed the Game Commission about hunting with a single shot AR but it's Saturday so I doubt I'll hear back from them before Monday, hopefully Lackawanna is as easy as Berks

:welcome: aboard and good luck on your move.

Hey - welcome!! The whole state is pretty decent as long as you stay a reasonable distance from the big cities. Philly and Pittsburgh can get a little unruly in the downtown districts but once you get to the outer 'burbs - life can be good!

Going to carbondale, low crime rate, lots of coal. A friend of mine that moved from nyc to Bethlehem said you have to be a resident for a year before you can get a concealed carry permit? Is this all across the state or is he mistaken?

As the title suggests, Im moving to PA, God willing by the end of August & Im trying to get a lead on LGS' in the Lehigh Valley area (going to be in Lehighton) & what the rules & regulations are as far as AR's & hunting goes. Id also like to get my ccp/cwp. Ive seen a few 1911 80's or might just buy one pre-assembled depending on the price. Im a mechanic by trade so I do enjoying building things just as much as I enjoy shooting/hunting. Ive always been attracted to the 45ACP, largely due to the knockdown power it has & the overall design of the 1911

I know PA is much more friendly than NYC but any info is good info

welcome to Gun friendly state of PA where you can own just about anything including NFA items, AR's AK;s you name it hi cap mags all the good stuff. As for hunting you can't use them far as I know but check with the local Game Commission. I used to live where you are moving for about 8 years nice area. The best gun shop, well you will have to drive about 45 mins to is Tanner Guns Shop in Jamison PA, great prices great selection, great customer service. There is also a Army Navy Store in Allentown PA that has a good selection of new and used guns at decent prices. I picked up a FNP 9mm 4 mags for 350 a few yrs ago. Good thing about PA it s shall issue state for CCW. I got mine in about 2 weeks after background checks of course through the local court and PA. Not sure about the wait thing though, I would check with the state police or local court house. Also PA has it own Constitution protecting the 2nd amendment. .

Pennsylvania: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Art. 1, § 21 (enacted 1790, art. IX, § 21).

1776: That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination, to, and governed by, the civil power. Declaration of Rights, cl. XIII.

[self-defense right protected, Sayres v. Commonwealth, 88 Pa. 291 (1879).]

over pa is a great state. Yeah Philly is nice but like another big city its got its issues gang violence

Edited by Righttobeararms

welcome to Gun friendly state of PA where you can own just about anything including NFA items, AR's AK;s you name it hi cap mags all the good stuff. As for hunting you can't use them far as I know but check with the local Game Commission. I used to live where you are moving for about 8 years nice area. The best gun shop, well you will have to drive about 45 mins to is Tanner Guns Shop in Jamison PA, great prices great selection, great customer service. There is also a Army Navy Store in Allentown PA that has a good selection of new and used guns at decent prices. I picked up a FNP 9mm 4 mags for 350 a few yrs ago. Good thing about PA it s shall issue state for CCW. I got mine in about 2 weeks after background checks of course through the local court and PA. Not sure about the wait thing though, I would check with the state police or local court house. Also PA has it own Constitution protecting the 2nd amendment. .

Pennsylvania: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Art. 1, § 21 (enacted 1790, art. IX, § 21).

1776: That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination, to, and governed by, the civil power. Declaration of Rights, cl. XIII.

[self-defense right protected, Sayres v. Commonwealth, 88 Pa. 291 (1879).]

over pa is a great state. Yeah Philly is nice but like another big city its got its issues gang violence

Lehighton fell through, high taxes & high HOA. Got a place in Carbondale that has a little history to it & seems like a nice quiet area

I already contacted PGC and while they would allow a single shot AR, they said if a Game Warden sees what they believe to be is a semi then they might send it out to confirm it is not a semi & is legal to hunt with but I'd rather avoid that

As far as Philly goes, its gotten worse since i was a kid so I'll definitely be carrying when I go there & same goes for Allentown

There's also a gun shop in the "Miracle Mile" which I'll probably be going to anyways for smokes so I may check them out as well. I'll be working in stroudsburg by the mall so if you know any shops there I'm all ears