Sign in to follow this  
calebj06

WTB: Ruger LCP custom

Looking for a lcp custom. I'm having hip surgery and need an alternative carry option that's small enough for the front pocket for a while.

Anyone have one they wanna sell??

Caleb

If no one else chimes in I can probably hook you up w/ a new one.

I already pm'ed u Lon

What is different about the custom?

Bigger sights and a better trigger.

BINGO!

Can a standard LCP be upgraded? I bought one for my daughter, but the sights are horrible and I'd love to improve it for her.

Edited by ewallover

Lon:

Can one of the early LCPs with the trench sight and that average trigger be sent back to Ruger for a factory upgrade? New trigger and new slide with real sights, or is that just fiscally crazy. I have not released the pistol from my safe to my Daughter as of yet. But a new job, with late hours has really changed that picture. I am taking her to an NRA pistol course and we are going to get her CCA ASAP. I just want her pistol to be as safe, accurate and shootable as possible. She is a petite and a small pistol for her small hands was the reason for this selection. I'm getting her her own pistol safe too. She has to be safe and up until now her job situation really did not require her to have a firearm with her on a regular basis.

Lon:

Can one of the early LCPs with the trench sight and that average trigger be sent back to Ruger for a factory upgrade? New trigger and new slide with real sights, or is that just fiscally crazy. I have not released the pistol from my safe to my Daughter as of yet. But a new job, with late hours has really changed that picture. I am taking her to an NRA pistol course and we are going to get her CCA ASAP. I just want her pistol to be as safe, accurate and shootable as possible. She is a petite and a small pistol for her small hands was the reason for this selection. I'm getting her her own pistol safe too. She has to be safe and up until now her job situation really did not require her to have a firearm with her on a regular basis.

You know I am not entirely sure. The frames look identical but the slide on the custom is dovetailed for the rear sight. My guess is the upgrade would be more money than it was worth. You can pick up the custom for $229 now and they are finally starting to be available again. Don't have one in front of me so I don't recall how the front sight is attached. It doesn't appear to be a dovetail but it probably too tall to be machined into the slide also.

OK thanks. Maybe a new pistol for her is in order. It's only money... I know there are trigger kits out there...

Caleb,

I know you are looking for their smaller LCP

but Rural king has the LC9s for $339.00 thru today.

I was very impressed with the fit and finish,

all the edges have been blended, and the slide was tight and smooth as silk.

I may go buy it today.

I was not going to say anything because you asked about LCP, but

this gun does not weigh much either and it's 9mm....

I can't wait for you to get patched up and over this.

Thx John. I like that lc9, but it's just not what I need right now. Thanks for the heads up

Thx John. I like that lc9, but it's just not what I need right now. Thanks for the heads up

got it, I thought it might work for you......good luck, brother

Been on the waiting list at a local shop for a few months.

Guess who called today :segrin:

Why of course I'm still interested. Take my card for $100 and stick it in lay away. I'll be in next week!!

Happy bday to me a month early.

Sign in to follow this