It's innovative to have a non reciprocating handle on both sides. I believe there are ports in the charging handles for the gas to escape so that you don't get a face full when running suppressed. I had a chat with the owner a few weeks ago, his main business is manufacturing parts for other well known companies. He says that the BCG that's on sale on his site for $80 is used in other high dollar brands. He's also unveiling in about a month and a half a side charging upper that will be about $125 cheaper, it'll be the same except that he's cutting out the NiB and a step in the anodizing process.

• Like 1

It's innovative to have a non reciprocating handle on both sides. I believe there are ports in the charging handles for the gas to escape so that you don't get a face full when running suppressed. I had a chat with the owner a few weeks ago, his main business is manufacturing parts for other well known companies. He says that the BCG that's on sale on his site for $80 is used in other high dollar brands. He's also unveiling in about a month and a half a side charging upper that will be about $125 cheaper, it'll be the same except that he's cutting out the NiB and a step in the anodizing process.

Thanks, for that useful bit of info, to file away! :cool:

He'll have it for the same price for both 5.56 and 6.5G (saami), he's also going to make a .308 and possibly .338 . He claims he is the single longest manufacturer of side charging uppers.

I have heard and read alot of moxed reviews from people who have the 7.62 ars. Some poeple have no problems and others just cant get the system to run right. The cmmg "mutant" was one that i thought would work well but still a mixed bag of reviews.

As far as hunting in PA with a semi, it isn't going to happen. There are provisions in place for the disabled to hunt but semi use isnt one of them. And this is coming from someone who has 2 friends missing an arm. I thinknits bull shat, but every time we try to get the law changed it goes nowhere.

<snip>

IMG_1886_zpsa103bdce.jpg

That is very good information.

Thanks for posting, Captain !

john

Or you can just get some of this awesomeness.

https://blackwoodarms.com/product/blackwood-arms-side-charging-upper-receiver/

BTW Mikey, powder is not an explosive. It's just flammable. No big boom, and just don't smoke while you reload. The powder doesn't care what you do in the next room.

With the current price tag, i think I'll have to pass, an anderson upper with bcg & ch is less than that. Granted it's a great looking upper and probably functions flawlessly but I can't justify it. It actually reminds me of an ar pattern paintball marker i had, a Tippmann something or other but it was a copy of the M4 with a faux mag, quad rail & a 4 or 6 position stock. For hunting or even the range I don't mind breaking position to charge, paintball & spring piston pellet rifles got me used to that. So long as Im not hunting though that gas tube is back in

I may just get 2 uppers, one in 5.56 & 1 in 300 & keep a red dot on the 5.56 & a scope on the 300

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

That is very good information.

Thanks for posting, Captain !

john

You think that's good go look at a Bushmaster or SOCOM bolt. Even less than the 7.62 but they run at lower pressures also.

Greg