Sign in to follow this  
beerman1378

Between 2 scopes

I've read great reviews for both(without spending a ton) but hoping to get persuaded one way or the other! I'm only range shooting 50-200 yards with the AR. What do you guys think?

NIKON http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-p-223-3x32-bdc-carbine-rifle-scope.html

or

BUSHNELL http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-bushnell-ar-optics-1-4x24-riflescope.html

Edited by beerman1378

I know nothing about those two but ........on looks alone I like the Bushnell......the no front bell looks good on an ar to me.

I have a P-223. Pretty nice scope.

I had the throwdown version of the Bushnell 1-4 and I really liked it. Out of the two I would suggest the bushnell.

If it were between those two just on stats and nothing else I would get the Bushnell for the adjustable power. BUT the small objective is going to be a limiting factor on light transition compared to the Nikon so low light/dusk shooting could be impaired with the Bushnell if glass quality is the same. I haven't looked through either so I have no idea of the glass quality. I would go to a store that has both and look through then side by side. Quality glass can make up for less magnification in some instances.

Darrell

Well, if you get the Nikon, you'll have an extra $40 to spend on beer!

But seriously, like scout said, look through them in a local store if possible. At that price range, one of them may disappoint you in person.

I appreciate the insight guys. I'll definitely check them out in person before I decide.

I just purchased and mounted a Nikon P-223 3X on my AR and I love it... It is clear, bright, positive adjustment knobs and has Nikon's excellent Warranty on it... I would seriously look at one of these if I were you....

JMHO

Dave

I have the Bushnell 3 to 12 power ar/223 model scope on my rifle and love it !! Have never tried either scope you are looking at

Have you looked at the Vortex Strike Eagle? I think it's definitely worth a look.

I'm very impressed with the Primary Arms 1-6X with ACSS reticle. Very clear glass, illuminated reticle and very easy to use. For $269.00+ bucks a bargain for the quality.

KyAR

I'm very impressed with the Primary Arms 1-6X with ACSS reticle. Very clear glass, illuminated reticle and very easy to use. For $269.00+ bucks a bargain for the quality.

KyAR

PA now has a 1-8 sfp for $380

PA now has a 1-8 sfp for $380

I know, and it's lighter by 1 1/2+/-oz. They also have the 1-8X Platinum series buy that's some coins there! LoL....

I know one thing. I'm very happy with the one that I have. It is very clear glass, before I got this Primary Arms 1-6X ACSS I was going to get the Leopold VX-R Patrol. I can't tell the difference in the clarity.

I may upgrade later, but it will be either the Trijicon ACOG TA31 with ACSS reticle or the Platinum series 1-8X ACSS. That's how impressed with the ACSS reticle.

It has to be one of the best concepts in ranging reticle going. Fast, simple, accurate to use. At 1X it is almost as fast to use as my EoTech and at 6X it gives you precision and range that the EoTech or any red dot for that matter can only dream of.

I will say that the Primary Arms scope that I have is worth every penny and could probably bring more (don't tell Primary Arms though). Well worth a look!

KyAR

I know, and it's lighter by 1 1/2+/-oz. They also have the 1-8X Platinum series buy that's some coins there! LoL....

I know one thing. I'm very happy with the one that I have. It is very clear glass, before I got this Primary Arms 1-6X ACSS I was going to get the Leopold VX-R Patrol. I can't tell the difference in the clarity.

I may upgrade later, but it will be either the Trijicon ACOG TA31 with ACSS reticle or the Platinum series 1-8X ACSS. That's how impressed with the ACSS reticle.

It has to be one of the best concepts in ranging reticle going. Fast, simple, accurate to use. At 1X it is almost as fast to use as my EoTech and at 6X it gives you precision and range that the EoTech or any red dot for that matter can only dream of.

I will say that the Primary Arms scope that I have is worth every penny and could probably bring more (don't tell Primary Arms though). Well worth a look!

KyAR

As far as clarity, could you compare it to the Strike Eagle?