MontanaLon

New 10mm longslide from Remington

$1300 MSRP so likely $1100ish on the street.

I like it. Right now I would have to go with the Glock 40 Gen 4 MOS it is optic sight ready and holds 15 in the magazine which makes 16 rounds with one in the snout.

Edited by gshayd

Hopefully they do it in stainless or a nice camo eventually.

That is a very nice 1911 Long Slide the only thing that is missing is the Laser Sight from the Terminator! I bet Arnold would love it! lol

I do not have a Remington 1911 yet but I think this would be a very nice pistol to try the brand out.

I think the Remington will be a nice option for those who can't afford a custom Fusion pistol. A great option for hog hunting too. I like it! Dan Wesson's Bruin is almost twice the price at approx. $2200 USD.

15z_DWBruinBronze_L_01881-500x326.png

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

I would like to see how much case support the R1 10mm pistol has and if it is a ramped barrel design?

I have to wonder if Remington will also produce some new 10mm ammo to complement the R1 10mm pistol???????

We will see...

I think the Remington will be a nice option for those who can't afford a custom Fusion pistol. A great option for hog hunting too. I like it! Dan Wesson's Bruin is almost twice the price at approx. $2200 USD.

15z_DWBruinBronze_L_01881-500x326.png

Dang, that is sweet. DW is definitely where you get what you pay for.

Nah, I think I'll stick with my Fusion Firearms Long Slide Hunter.........................which I got because it was the only 10mm long slide I could easily obtain at the time.

CappieHunterTradXlElite-4.jpg

I gave this gun a serious look while selecting the 10mm long slide of my dreams. I finally bit the bullet, coughed up the bucks, and got a new Dan Wesson Bruin (the entirely black one - not a blem) for $1800.00 out the door. I am very happy with it. Though I do wonder what Dan Wesson was smoking when they thought the artsy, angled recoil spring plug was a good idea. It is rather finicky and can be difficult to get back in to its exact place that it needs, and does not provide a flat work surface for the bushing wrench. It can be a real pain to work with. But, I consider that a very small issue with an otherwise beautiful and extremely well made gun.