Sign in to follow this  
SturmGewehr

Chinese Army Optics---What Do They Do?

In the beginner's forum we are discussing red dots and which is the best (for AR15s).

http://ar15armory.com/forums/topic/168981-choosing-a-red-dot/page-2

The red dot maker Holosun came up and they make some interesting red dots, one solar powered. But are they durable? I am wondering if the Holosun is Chinese, which I am told it is, is the Holosun used by the Chinese on their AK type weapons? Since these are known as durable, it would make no sense to put a delicate red dot on a rifle which is accustomed to taking some abuse. Or, do they use something else? What do you guys think?

A lot of scopes- a majority, I'd say, are made in China. All of the inexpensive ones are made in China. I wouldn't assume that because it is made in China, it is used by their military.

• Like 1

If you are looking into an inexpensive red dot that can take abuse, check out the Soviet optics from Kalinka Optics.

• Like 1

If you are looking into an inexpensive red dot that can take abuse, check out the Soviet optics from Kalinka Optics.

Thanks andy2205.

I think I hit the wrong button and disliked you post but I actually wanted to hit the "like" instead, sorry.

There's no consistency with optics (scopes) when it comes to their ground forces. I don't think they do much red dotting. It's as though each political district has an independent army. They don't but a lot of equipment is indigenous. But they also use nice glass such as Kahles (Austrian). As is so common in the far east, there's a really good chance it comes down to bribes.