Sign in to follow this  
MontanaLon

Had to buy another Mosin

It's a 91/30 with a hex receiver. Built in 1925. It is still wrapped in plastic and grease under that so no idea of what it really looks like.

Congrats on the Mosin. Now you get to remove all the grease and see what you bought.

If you had to buy it, I have to say.

Everybody is buying a new gun but me.

I had to. Setting up a new store. Had to make sure the background check system was functional.

That is a good excuse as any. :laugh:

They said we could only run a background check to sell a gun. That's my excuse to the wife anyways.

Congratulations Lon. I've thought about getting another Mosin, especially when you bought those crates of them a while back.

When I got my Mosin, I wrapped it up in those blue Walmart shop towels and left it in the back window of my car for a few days. Occasionally, I would go out and change the oil soaked towels for clean ones. That got rid of all the cosmoline except for the surface film. Then, just a good cleaning and it was good to go.

Congratulations Lon. I've thought about getting another Mosin, especially when you bought those crates of them a while back.

When I got my Mosin, I wrapped it up in those blue Walmart shop towels and left it in the back window of my car for a few days. Occasionally, I would go out and change the oil soaked towels for clean ones. That got rid of all the cosmoline except for the surface film. Then, just a good cleaning and it was good to go.

Did that leave grease stains in the back of your car?

Did that leave grease stains in the back of your car?

Oh yeah, I left out a little bit of important information. I wrapped it in a black trash bag.

Yes, the bag is very important.

Thank Noneya. :laugh:

And here I always thought people with trash bags in their car were damn dirty hippies!

As it turns out, they're all buying cosmoline soaked firearms. :laugh:

And here I always thought people with trash bags in their car were damn dirty hippies!

As it turns out, they're all buying cosmoline soaked firearms. :laugh:

You betcha! :laugh: