redbarron06

The deed is done, the beast is dead. Both my hands bloody shade of red.

Well finally got the first deer of the year on the ground. Small button buck taken at 110 yards with 10 minutes of shooting light left. The TC encore claims another. I am almost embarrassed it was so small but it will make tender steaks.

• Like 1

Congratulations, if there are no spots Then its GTG. I have taken a couple 1.5 yo with bow and no regrets what so ever. I never noticed the age when that meat was on the grill.

Congrats on getting a deer.

Between the elk hunt and the trip to AZ, I have a month to make up for. I'd like to make it up by putting 4 on the ground this weekend. Next one goes to Hunter's for the hungry.

• Like 1

Hey Red. Google 47 point buck in Sumner county. I just saw a pic of it, good god. Possibly new world record.

Hey Red. Google 47 point buck in Sumner county. I just saw a pic of it, good god. Possibly new world record.

Nice score, there are some big ones out there.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/southern-deer-they-arent-as-small-as-you-think/

Look at #3 the Dave Wachtell buck. The actually mount was on display in the Bass Pro here in Nashville and was destroyed by the 2010 flood. At the time it held the Buckmasters record for most scoreable points of any deer ever taken.

Congrats on the first one for the year.

On 11/11/2016 at 6:55 PM, redbarron06 said:

Well finally got the first deer of the year on the ground. Small button buck taken at 110 yards with 10 minutes of shooting light left. The TC encore claims another. I am almost embarrassed it was so small but it will make tender steaks.

Don't ever be embarrassed. I mainly hunt for the meat I could care less how little it is.