Sign in to follow this  
jchtrh

Need some advice

You think a Valmet M76 with tubular stock is worth $1500

Also, a Russian SKS Tula all matching numbers for $375

Both in excellent shape.

What's the Armory say?

I am not a Valmet expert, but I have a numbers matching Tula SKS, and I wouldn't take $375 for it, I'd start to consider parting with it at $600 or so.

If your talking buying not selling... I'm also not sure on the Valmet, but thats a good price for the SKS IMHO... around my neck of the woods, local shops tag non-matching SKSs (including romanian,, yugo etc) at about $500-$600.

Take the Tula, it's a great buy at that price. The Valmet would be novelty, albeit a very well made and dependable one.

The Tula has the "XXXXXXX" stamping out old serial numbers on the stock and re-stamped with the same serial numbers as the gun. Does this change anything? It is all done through the factory, as it seems.

The Tula has the "XXXXXXX" stamping out old serial numbers on the stock and re-stamped with the same serial numbers as the gun. Does this change anything? It is all done through the factory, as it seems.

It does slightly, but not much. If it's still in good shape, $500 is normally considered a "good deal" if the rest of the numbers match. I'm cheap, and don't need another SKS, but if I heard of one at that price, I'd snap it up.

I would buy the Russian SKS for that price. Don't know enough about the Valmet to even make a guess