Sign in to follow this  
Zephyr One/Zero

Brand New SKS Rifle?

I have one of the original Yugo SKS like the one in the beginning of the video. Choose it from over 200 rifles. Came with the entire kit, sling, leather ammo pouches, oil can, etc. MInes very pretty, not a ding on it.

They're a tad heavy but shoot like dream with very low recoil and better accuracy than an AK.

I bought one of those, they were brand new, storage many decades, I understand they were 70's vintage. Love it. Very fun to shoot once it loosened up, had to load 1 round at a time for first 20-30 rounds before it would cycle. 24f878392909822bad59a6a07f7c8f6b.jpg813f6c5429632f8b31849b73cae959dd.jpgf3f639b2ef99d00178f1297970dad69c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a 1970's ear Yugo M59/66A1 that still had cosmoline stuck everywhere. Nice shooter. I too had to break it in for it to reliably fire. I like it but as said, heavy.

I remember, when they were selling SKS carbines by the cases, for less-than $100 dollars a pop. They're getting pricey now though. Nice specimen you got there Alan.

I have 2 Chinese, a Russian, a Yugo and an Albanian which is by far the most unique. I also have a Czech vz52/57 which while not an SKS is very similar. All of mine are in really nice condition.

Edited by gmor

I have 2 Chinese, a Russian, a Yugo and an Albanian which is by far the most unique. I also have a Czech vz52/57 which while not an SKS is very similar. All of mine are in really nice condition.

Well dang G. You do have some redeeming qualities.

Now you need to find a Romanian SKS to help round things out. I've lusted for the Czech vz52 (in the correct 7.62 x 45) for a long time. Although I'd "settle" for a 52/57 :segrin: