hlhneast

New Trade Stickie?

I think it would be a good idea to have a stickie at the top with members listing their trade so members with questions can connect to someone for help and advice. I am a new construction plumber and have plumbed anything from a tract home to a 19 story condo to a lions den. No lions were present nor harmed in this procedure! I am glad to help out anyone that needs a question answered about new plumbing and have some experience in repairs as well. Irregardless of starting my plumbing career in a little town called Leakesville, MS, I have managed to do some leak free work.

If you have a plumbing question that is beyond the main 4 tenets, fire away!

1) Shiite does not flow uphill.

2) Hot on the left, cold on the right.

3) Payday is Friday

4) The boss is a sumbitch

• Like 1

Doing remodeling and home repair for years I'm amazed how many times #2 is violated.

Also, if you get called out for issues with drains and the homeowner has used some type of sealer then by law you can charge 100.00 for a stupidity tax.

I manufacture and install concrete aeration septic systems. You plumbers can have all that indoor stuff, but 5 feet from the house and it's all me.

Someone on here building a house out of city limits and is putting in a septic, feel free to ask away. I will gladly give you my opinion on what to stay away from and roughly how much things should cost. All systems are not created equal and some that are billed as the best are nightmares.

Cool thread. I hope people respond. I am not a tradesman, but my FIL has a HVAC company so if anyone has any questions I can relay them.

I'm a professional smack talker.

• Like 1

Cool, that was my 1001 post ! :wootwoot: I think a patron membership may be in order.

That would be fitting.

I'm a professional smack talker.

I'm just into smack.

I'm no expert in any trade, but I do like to turn wrenches for fun. I started out on Chevy pickups, and know my way around them from the early 60's, up until '87. My specialty was '67-'72, I used to have part numbers memorized, but that's all faded away. Between those and old Jeeps, I know enough to get myself into trouble, and someone else into worse trouble.

This might be me otherwise:

I'm no expert in any trade, but I do like to turn wrenches for fun. I started out on Chevy pickups, and know my way around them from the early 60's, up until '87. My specialty was '67-'72, I used to have part numbers memorized, but that's all faded away.

Mine was Any performance Mopar from 64 - 72. Almost every vehicle and engine combination, HP/Tq numbers, firing order and timing for which year and options available. There was a time when I could adjust your carb and timing from just listening to her run. I was golden when it came to setting up a duel point distributor for racing, heck I could even dial in a 3x2 barrel carb setup. My dad was a mechanic, old school, and my first full on tune up was on a 67 barracuda with a 273ci at the age of ten without any help. Of course I got a full on A$$ beating because I had let the copper strip from the condenser to the points make contact with the distributor shaft and it fried the condenser. After the a$$ beating I rode my bike (standing up, I remember it well) about 5 miles to the parts store and used my yard mowing money to buy another one.

Guess what I never allowed to happen again! He had a way of making you remember a life lesson, after the pain ended you dang sure remembered what you did wrong.

Edited by devil duck

GM Master certified Dealership Auto tech, ASE Master, A9 Light Diesel, L1 Advanced Driveability (specializing in complex electrcal computer cumunications faults). If it is built By GM, I'm your guy. Not GM? Idunno

Great stuff guys! We are starting to develop something useful here. Advice will be given and smack will be talked! Just the best and the brightest! :ack:

GM Master certified Dealership Auto tech, ASE Master, A9 Light Diesel, L1 Advanced Driveability (specializing in complex electrcal computer cumunications faults). If it is built By GM, I'm your guy. Not GM? Idunno

Eh, if it's not GM, burn it. :anim_nana:

I pretend to know how to fly helicopters and drink heavily when not flying. Not sure which is the trade and which is the hobby...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I pretend to know how to fly helicopters and drink heavily when not flying. Not sure which is the trade and which is the hobby...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you weld ? I'm sure red would enjoy talking helicopters with you.