hlhneast

New Trade Stickie?

Do you weld ? I'm sure red would enjoy talking helicopters with you.

I welded on various projects for a couple years, but no certifications. AC and DC stick, and the occasional attempt at tig. Red and I got back a ways, he is the one that hoodwinked me into the helicopter world.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Heck no! 90k a year fixing that junk!!!

Yeah, if it wasn't for Ford and Dodges you wouldn't have much to do! :lmao:

I think it would be a good idea to have a stickie at the top with members listing their trade so members with questions can connect to someone for help and advice. I am a new construction plumber and have plumbed anything from a tract home to a 19 story condo to a lions den. No lions were present nor harmed in this procedure! I am glad to help out anyone that needs a question answered about new plumbing and have some experience in repairs as well. Irregardless of starting my plumbing career in a little town called Leakesville, MS, I have managed to do some leak free work.

If you have a plumbing question that is beyond the main 4 tenets, fire away!

1) Shiite does not flow uphill.

2) Hot on the left, cold on the right.

3) Payday is Friday

4) The boss is a sumbitch

# 5 Men on the left, Women on the right.

Matt

# 5 Men on the left, Women on the right.

Matt

Reminds me of a joke about a bald headed parrot.

Reminds me of a joke about a bald headed parrot.

Is it the one where he told the bald men to get on the piano with him?

Is it the one where he told the bald men to get on the piano with him?

No this one was about duck sex and punishment thereof.

PM sent!

Edited by hlhneast

By vocation or education ? :segrin: . # 24 Years as a general contractor specializing in Upscale residential ,along with commercial and some light industrial thrown in . All the while completing My educational endeavors , Ph.D Chemistry , polymer discipline , M.S. SE ( structural engineering ) . Second # 24 years Aerospace composites engineering various employers and job descriptions but closely associate with Scaled Composites My home away from home . Now retired :thumb: ...

Cool idea, I am not a professional tradesman, but I do know little about a lot!

During the day, I hold people accountable for some of their bad choices. In my spare time, I make knives, do woodwork, work on smaller engines, and carve. I do a little of everything, so I can soak up a thread like this and hopefully contribute as much as I learn.

Police Officer by profession, Acehole by choice :segrin:. But I'm into woodworking, know a little about construction. Did I mention I like to build AR rifles??

On 1/22/2017 at 6:28 AM, hlhneast said:

I think it would be a good idea to have a stickie at the top with members listing their trade so members with questions can connect to someone for help and advice. I am a new construction plumber and have plumbed anything from a tract home to a 19 story condo to a lions den. No lions were present nor harmed in this procedure! I am glad to help out anyone that needs a question answered about new plumbing and have some experience in repairs as well. Irregardless of starting my plumbing career in a little town called Leakesville, MS, I have managed to do some leak free work.

If you have a plumbing question that is beyond the main 4 tenets, fire away!

1) Shiite does not flow uphill.

2) Hot on the left, cold on the right.

3) Payday is Friday

4) The boss is a sumbitch

As a former construction surveyor one rule has stood the test of time. Water will flow to the lowest point available if there is a path. We were at Fort Polk and another E-8 and I  had nothing to do so we set up the GP small tents.  There was a large depression in the ground in which we had no idea what it was for at our airfield location. We had a big unused hangar we sectioned off. We did not set up any tents in the depression. The next day an MP unit arrived with a very young LT in charge and a Staff Sergeant. The LT asked us if we minded if he set up his tents in the depression and we both looked at each other and replied no it's your sir. He set up and the weather held for a few good days in January. Then came the rain it was a frog drowner rain.   Then the MP LT found out why they were so lucky to get the Depression area for the tents. In all fairness, he was a Sr 1st LT, not a butterbar.  Of course, the BN Cdr had already questioned us upon arrival about the dumb 1st LT who we tried to warn. So we all had a good laugh. From what I understand the SSG had tried to warn the LT and got outvoted. The SSG was tasked with finding a spot for their tents after that.  

Was it one of those days that starts in tshirts and ends with you wearing every stitch of clothes you got and still freezing your cods off? We get that pretty often in what we call winter, though if you've done time down here you already know that. January and February seem to be the worst of it too....

I have the tools and the knowhow to take on any task set in front of me..... As long as I don't have to get out of my Lazy Boy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, The Woodsman said:

I have the tools and the knowhow to take on any task set in front of me..... As long as I don't have to get out of my Lazy Boy

So you specialize in recliner differential installation?

• Haha 1