AR15Armory.com

Ahhhh Sushi

MontanaLon

My wife was concerned with her love of sushi when she was pregnant. Only ate the cooked rolls.

But do you think Japanese women stop eating sushi when pregnant?

Japanese people obviously eat a lot of sushi and seem to suffer no ill effects.

Worry less,and eat more sushi!

Except that they max out at 5' tall and have coke bottle glasses.

Sushi....

agg2_web.jpg

:segrin:

Sorry guys, I'm just messin with you. I've had escargot before, even after I swore I'd never eat it. It was damn good.

The escargot I've had was cooked and is quite tasty. The sushi I've had was not something I'd drive across the street to have. Of course it could have been the company I was with at the time. I new more about it than the fellow that insisted we go to dinner with. I enjoy learning talking with the chef about his schooling.

Greg

I don't think I want to know.....

You really don't want to know. I eat sushi, and love it, and don't mind the thought of what it is, or where it came from. I enjoy the occasional kimchi, knowing where it came from, and how it's made. I will eat blood pudding, and blood sausage, without hesitation. If I know the cuts of meat going into it, and how it was made (cleanliness of butcher, etc) I'll eat a bit of raw steak, with a raw egg on top. With a two-day bender under my belt and the hangover from hell, I'll eat runny eggs all over hashbrowns, and clean up a full plate. But I will NOT touch haggis. freak that.

We've all got pretty strange eating habits if you look at it. Take seafood for example. A large portion of it consists of big insects that you wouldn't go near if you found them under a rock in your yard. Pull a giant spider out of the ocean though & people pay top dollar for it. Jello is ground up bone. Some red dye is made from beetles. Eggs are aborted bird fetuses. It's all pretty nightmarish if you stop & think about it.

86D416DC-653E-4B49-9085-32C475918EB9.jpg

From the local Kroger for lunch today.

Left is shrimp, middle was salmon, right was tuna.

None of it was bad but none great either today. The shrimp was the best followed by the salmon. Neither of us cared for the tuna. To soft and mushy.

That's what I don't like about grocery store sushi. It looks great, but the taste doesn't quite make it.

A local place has a sushi chef prepare it once a week at the grocery store in front of you. He packages some, makes your lunch to order. Keep meaning to try it.

Never had salmon that wasn't cooked?

We did a salmon fishing trip from Vancouver Island and had PLENTY of salmon to bring back and we prepared it lots of different ways, including raw.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/13/researchers-identify-japanese-tapeworm-parasite-in-alaskan-caught-salmon/?utm_term=.a938446821ba