AR15Armory.com

Ahhhh Sushi

MontanaLon

Worms. Eating raw fish can result in anisakiasis, an infection caused by an infestation of Anisakis worm larvae. Now, don't panic, it's not that bad. They're not BIG worms. Not like one of those tapeworms, which can be a foot or two in length and take up more room in your abdominal cavity than you do. No, these are LITTLE worms. They grow up to a mere one inch in length.

The only preventive measure is to cook the fish or else freeze it at least three days.

However NO worms are far superior to any worms . I give You a view of the " Sushi " Fish market :

tsukiji-fish-market-34.3.jpg

I assure you if you eat in a "reputable" Sushi or Japanese Restaurant ,you are far more likely winning powerball lotto or being struck by lightening twice ,than becoming an Anisakis worm host !. FYI : Any of You saltwater fisherman out there , KNOW Sushi fish are predominantly sucked up by the Japanese and are in FACT flash frozen upon catching ,let alone the frozen journey too Japan .

I've eaten Sushi for better than #45 years and on #4 different continents ,without a single problem ( with the exception of drinking too much ) :segrin: . An hey I'd have blown pork and beans or any other substance which wouldn't stay down . I tied drinking more than My share of Kilimanjaro and Uhuru Beer one bloody HOT afternoon while working in Tanzania and PAID for it DEARLY !!.

IF people were really getting WORMS from Sushi , how long do you figure those restaurants would stay in business ???. BINGO !.

I personally would be far more concerned about Trichinosis and food poisoning , ah all You pork and Beef eaters :thumb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinosis

I survived 55 years without trying sushi. I was a no how, no way, not going to happen, no sushi for me kinda guy.

Then one day I caved to my son raving about his favorite sushi restaurant.

https://www.sakanasushiandgrill.com/

Instantly I became a fan. I've tried 3 different restaurants in Az and one in San Fran and the group listed above is our favorite.

If you're in the Phoenix metro area and are either a fan of sushi or willing to give it a try I highly recommend their Sakana Lunch platter. California roll is the default, but substitution is fine. I order it with a Las Vegas roll. It includes nigiri, and a couple of other items in rotation. Miso soup and salad are included.

It's delicious. :)

Like many other cuisines it depends on WHO'S fixing the meal !. Nothing wrong with GOOD Sushi , bad Sushi is NOT SUSHI ; It's Ptomaine pure and simple !.

An I can personally attest too Seattle's Fine Cuisine whether it's from the straits of San juan de fuca ( Ivers acres of clams ) or the Exotic far reaches of Sushi

at ( Shiki ) . FYI : DAMN GREAT SUSHI ! An NO I never ventured into Fugu cuisine . Yet Ken is or was the Only licensed chef in WA ,at one time to prepare Fugu ( Poison Blow Fish ) . An if none of you have ever had fried soft shell Blue crab Sushi hand rolls , put it on your BUCKET LIST !!!... :thumb:

p-shiki-japanese-23_54_990x660_201405311

Soft shell crab was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten when we were on Hilton Head.

But it was cooked.

It was strange eating the whole thing when you are conditioned to crack crab legs or pull the meat out of a lobster.

The wife and I are going to figure out when the height of the season is, and go back just for the crabs. (One of these days...)

I'm gonna have to go get some sushi tonight after this.

I find it difficult to find really fresh fish where I am at,

unless you want pond raised catfish or tilapia.

We do have a guy in the area that owns "Seafood Specialities".

He gave up his store front, but he still runs his trucks down to the gulf,

and gets some frozen stuff, too. He sets up his truck in various towns

on different days depending on what is in season, or what he can get

shipped in fresh.

My father-in-law loves King Crab legs, so we used to make a mess of them with Irish butter

for his birthday. Freezing them did not seem to spoil the taste or texture.

Soft shell crab was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten when we were on Hilton Head.

But it was cooked.

It was strange eating the whole thing when you are conditioned to crack crab legs or pull the meat out of a lobster.

The wife and I are going to figure out when the height of the season is, and go back just for the crabs. (One of these days...)

Yes and I have eaten more than My share also COOKED , even in a Sushi restaurant they've fried them and placed em in hand rolls , DELICIOUS !!.

Honestly I do believe I can eat nearly anything at least once and live , No I didn't stay in a Holiday inn but did survive #2 trips into the Ashau Valley , I also lie face down in the Perfume river for a spell , so that qualifies ME as a Relic ; I think ...