smb5769

Stinger charger burnt up, looking for help

Hey, my Stinger charger burnt up, does anyone have a good one that they can open up and maybe take a pic of the board so I can see what the resistor values are that I will have to replace? I'm sure I'll also have to replace the voltage regulator. I suppose either the kids left it on the charger with the switch on, or the battery has shorted out.

I have a couple of Spares.

Contact me, and I can send you one.

I live in Alaska.

Found one for about 20 bucks on amazon with prime shipping. Also saw one for 14.99 but I didn't recognize the website.

That's only if you can't fix it, of course.

But what switch are you taking about? Mine has no switch. Stays plugged in and charges when you put the flashlight on it, completing the circuit. Unless I've somehow missed a switch all these years...

I'm talking about the switch on the side of the flashlight. I think it may be a shorted battery. TT, is that purple gray gold gold? Blue gray gold gold?

Edited by smb5769

I'm talking about the switch on the side of the flashlight. I think it may be a shorted battery. TT, is that purple gray gold gold? Blue gray gold gold?

It looks like dark blue, light blue, gold, gold to me.

Hmm. So if that's blue grey gold gold then it's a 6.8 ohm resistor. I may have something that will work, but im pretty sure I don't have a regulator like that. Looks like a radio shack trip is in order if I can still find one. I think I saw one still around nearby.

I live in Alaska.

Great gesture, welcome to the Armory!

I live in Alaska.

I might hit you up on that if I can't fix this one. I appreciate the offer for sure, and :welcome: to the Armory!