AR15Armory.com

After Challenging Red Light Cameras, Oregon Man Fined $500 for Practicing Engineering Without a License

wish2no

Guess he should write back that he sees himself as an engineer eben without a engineering degree. I mean if it works for blacks, whites, transgenders, etc.........

Especially in kali north.

And what % of the country thinks there is nothing wrong with large nanny-state womb to tomb government ?

More government is never the answer. They have the power to pull crap like this.

I sure hope there are some lawyers out there that are going to sue the pants off of those idiots for free.

OK, I was outraged at first. To think the state of Oregon can fine somebody for doing research into their money making camera traps. But after reading the rest of the article, and taking the article at face value, the State of Oregon is correct. If he represented himself as an Engineer, he is misleading the the state. If he had said that he has a degree in Electronics Engineering and practiced as an Electronics Engineer in Sweden, then he would have been fine. However, state boards frown greatly on somebody representing themselves as an Engineer if you don't have that little stamp from the state to prove it.

Wow. Just Wow! On this board we scream at the least little infringement of guns rights, but look at this in a different light? This has the marks of big government all over it. Who the hell is the state to tell me I can't call myself anything I want?

OK, I was outraged at first. To think the state of Oregon can fine somebody for doing research into their money making camera traps. But after reading the rest of the article, and taking the article at face value, the State of Oregon is correct. If he represented himself as an Engineer, he is misleading the the state. If he had said that he has a degree in Electronics Engineering and practiced as an Electronics Engineer in Sweden, then he would have been fine. However, state boards frown greatly on somebody representing themselves as an Engineer if you don't have that little stamp from the state to prove it.

It is very common practice without a PE license in any give state. Big contractors like boeing and lockheed do it all the time. Does the man designing the plains we fly on make him any less of an engineer because his job does not require state licensing? The license is only required if you are consulting for hire as an engineer, but can work privately all you want with in your company Edited by hzhardy

It is very common practice without a PE license in any give state. Big contractors like boeing and lockheed do it all the time. Does the man designing the plains we fly on make him any less of an engineer because his job does not require state licensing? The license is only required if you are consulting for hire as an engineer, but can work privately all you want with in your company

Oh, I agree with you 100%. There are very few branches of Engineering that require you to be registered, but Civil Engineering is one that does require it. The whole problem is that he found out what the state was up too and it pissed the state off. So the state searched for something to attack this guy with, and this is it. Personally, I hope he wins his lawsuit, but I bet he doesn't.

Some groups get very upset when they find someone not in the group showing them up. Free speech should allow anyone to call themselves what they want. We do see it in the "Stolen Valor" cases. I, for one, would love to see physicians prohibited from calling themselves "doctor". My Ph.D. is a much higher degree, and harder to obtain, than a M.D,