Sign in to follow this  
scotto

Run Indian Run

That brought back memories. Thanks! Buddy Red Bow is great non-traditional music.

I really like Keith Secola too. HERE'S a fun one for 'ya.

Thanks for sharing that, Scotto.

Not bad.

Reminded me a bit of Neil Young, but with a better voice.

At the risk of sounding really lame, I am going to share what I considered

an bit of an epiphany as a young man in his early twenties. Myself and a couple of my buddies had gone for a road trip

around the gravel and dirt roads in the Shawnee Natl Forest. I will preface this by saying that Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

was one of the books I read as a young adult that changed my life. The night of our trip, we had stopped at a Memorial Marker,

East of Anna/jonesboro, as a leg of the Cherokee Trail of Tears runs right through Southern Illinois. It was pretty heady stuff, and I have no doubt there

were adult beverages involved. As the lightest drinker, I was also the driver, and it was my truck. Yes, young and foolish.

Anyway, we ended up in a very old cemetery at the top of a ridge hill that included the Church originally built in the 1800's.

I was thinking about the book, and the Trail of Tears, American History and what happens when cultures clash. This "epiphany" I had was that

The White Man would ultimately pay for what he did to the black man with his economy,

but worst of all, he would ultimately pay for what he did to the Red Man with his Spirit.

This is probably one of those things like trying to explain a dream, it has little impact on anyone other than the dreamer, and there were many thoughts and feelings swirling around inside me, but I felt as if I had stumbled upon a Truth.

That's all I wanted to say. Lame or not, for what it is worth, it is something that has stuck with me for over 40 years,

but I rarely, rarely share. I have great respect for the History of Native Peoples, and at times hunger for a world where

things would have been much different.

John

Music so good even a caveman likes it!