HardenedArm556

Troy CQB-SPC A3...REPORT!

Well, I got to the range this morning and got the Troy sighted in. Took me a few to get the Aero Precision BUIS on target but, once I did it was good to go! First, I zeroed at 50yds using standard American Eagle 55gr. FMJ 5.56. Then took her out to 100yds with 69gr. IMI Systems Sierra HPBT Match. I don't see the target to good at 100yds but, got every round on target with open sights. For me that's pretty good. I then put on my Aimpoint CompM2, adjusted the dot and folded down the irons. Then using Aquila 62gr FMS 5.56, I practiced bringing up the rifle, getting the dot on quickly and squeezed off the shot. This was at the 50yd target again.

I really like this rifle with the exception of the trigger pull. It seemed rather heavy for my liking and I will probably change it out later. The rifle performed flawlessly and every round was fed, fired and ejected with not a single issue. I was using 10rd Magpul mags and they worked accordingly. I believe this rifle will be a definite keeper! :segrin:

Target @50yds

MOBegra.png

XvAIwfk.png

8ln7L1F.png

9sn4LZh.png

PjRRuqb.png

• Like 1

Not to forget Mr. Rampy either. The bolt gas key staking is crappy! I will get that fixed lickety asap! But, for today, it performed with no issues. :)

AGMAQ0i.png

Edited by HardenedArm556
  • Like 1

Damn. Lost my friggin' reply as I was wrapping it up. Try this again.

Good deal.

Glad to see you're happy with the new weapon.

Nice looking rifle.

Great looking range.

Do ya'll have that high capacity magazine thing going on up there or was that just personal preference?

That scope mounted to a trekker style stick?

Made it. :D:

• Like 1

Not to forget Mr. Rampy either. The bolt gas key staking is crappy! I will get that fixed lickety asap! But, for today, it performed with no issues. :)

AGMAQ0i.png

I would not say the staking is crappy. It is done well enough. There are other manufacturers who will go a little overboard on their staking. As for your bolt carrier, use it as is. You should not have any issues with it.

• Like 1

I thought the staking looked worthy but I'm no expert.

• Like 2

Nice congrats

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would not say the staking is crappy. It is done well enough. There are other manufacturers who will go a little overboard on their staking. As for your bolt carrier, use it as is. You should not have any issues with it.

My DD is probably half again "more" staked than his. What is considered "overboard" ? Can a more aggressive stake cause any issues assuming it does not distort anything? I had always been told that you wanted a aggressive stake.

Damn. Lost my friggin' reply as I was wrapping it up. Try this again.

Good deal.

Glad to see you're happy with the new weapon.

Nice looking rifle.

Great looking range.

Do ya'll have that high capacity magazine thing going on up there or was that just personal preference?

That scope mounted to a trekker style stick?

Made it. :D:

Bama, I'm very happy with the rifle and am going to shoot the dickens out of it hopefully without making a lot of changes. Again, might mess with the trigger later but, for now, just going to keep on shooting it. I've got a whole lot of 30rd mags but, chose to use the 10 rounders for range. They don't get in the way as much when shooting from my rest plus, I'm only loading 5 at a time for grouping. Spotting scope is a range loaner and it is on some kind of pole and stand combo. Our range provides approx. 5 spotting scopes for folks who don't have one/or like me, who forgot his! :tongue:

• Like 1

I thought the staking looked worthy but I'm no expert.

When I in larged the photo it is better than I originally thought. Looking at it on my 10.5 inch tablet it was hard to tell. After seeing it in a larger picture I think it is fine. My DD is maybe a little more but not by much.

• Like 1

I've been very happy with mine.

• Like 1

When I in larged the photo it is better than I originally thought. Looking at it on my 10.5 inch tablet it was hard to tell. After seeing it in a larger picture I think it is fine. My DD is maybe a little more but not by much.

I'm convinced it's fine now also! Not going to do anything more to it but, shoot the heck out it! :D:

• Like 2

Other than seeing the name all the time, I have no familiarity with a Troy rifle. Not to start any crap (for real), are they considered to be a decent firearm for those of us who are only invaded by paper targets, gongs, and dillos? :laugh: Looks like a good price if a decent gun.

My first experience with their rifles but, I'd say this one is pretty decent. If I could shoot better, I've no doubt the accuracy is pretty good. In the hands of the right person, (I've got a disability that affects both arms and last two digits on both hands.) those groups would probably have been a lot tighter!

• Like 2

Goodness, sorry to hear about the disability. Looks like you're doing pretty good to me. Loaner spotting scopes; my kind of folks. Happy shooting.

• Like 2

That range looks awesome!

• Like 1