QB Too

Hi From Carrollton, TX

Hi from Carrollton, TX.

I recently sold all my left hand Stag AR15s and just had a couple of 5.56 bullpups left. I missed my AR15s and have been waiting for Stag Arms to come out with a 16" barrel midlength gas system with low profile gas block and free float handguard option because they indicated they were going to do so at some point in time. I contacted them last week about the midlength and they indicated they didn't have any near future plans for one which led me to looking once again for other makers of left hand AR15s that offered the midlength option. I sold/put up for sale my bullpups to fund my new AR15s and "went on the hunt".

I ran across Black Rain Ordnance on the internet and saw where they started making left handed AR15s so I called them and talked to Kody for quite awhile. I ended up ordering a Spec15 SOCOM Plus rifle that should be here in a week or so. Their web site only shows that model as a right hand model but they are making a left hand SOCOM Plus rifle with ambi safety for me no problem. I probably could have saved a few hundred by finding a dealer to order for me but didn't want to go that route right now. If I like this rifle I plan on ordering a left hand Scout model in which case I'll probably go through a dealer to save a little bit of money.

I've shot right hand AR15s before and it's OK, I just need to keep as much gas and flying objects away from my eyes as possible since I have major issues with my eyes and need to preserve every bit of eyesight I have left. I mainly shoot my ARs just for fun at the range, nothing special or demanding but I do like "nice" rifles so what I buy is usually overkill for my purposes :)

I look forward to getting my rifle and will post pictures and a range report. I also look forward to participating in this forum.

Best of luck in finding what you want!

And welcome to the Armory fellow Texan! :texasflag:

Hello from just a little north of you..welcome to the Armory..

:welcome: aboard

Edited by alpo

Welcome !

Come on in and make yourself at home.

John

Welcome to The Armory, from north of the Red River.

If I didn't go "north of the Red River" so much I'd own a lot more AR15s........ :lol:

Winstar is just TOOOOOOOOOOOO close to Carrollton but I have so much fun there (clears my mind of all work related issues)!!!!

I know this is a little older thread, but I am in Springtown but work in Grapevine (engineer for airline), so I just wanted to say hey.

Welcome, Coop..passed through Springtown twice yesterday on motorcycle ride..that's a long commute (Springtown/Grapevine)..

Thanks guys. Yeah it is a long commute. I am not a city/suburb person so we ended up out here so we could have a little space. Not enough to hunt/shoot unfortunately but no close neighbors.

Edited by Coop650